Part Number and/or Manufacturer Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part Number and/or Manufacturer Request

We have a 2015 Z3. That gas strut for one of the back lockers and the seat immediately behind the driver are not working as intended. The struts themselves work fine, but the plastic end pieces of the struts have deteriorated and come off frequently at the connection point. Unfortunately, we are 4 hours from our boat. If anyone could look at those pieces and see if they have a part number or manufacturer listed on them I would be forever grateful. I know the struts are Taylor Made. I have already contacted them. They don't sell the end pieces. I don't need to replace the entire strut, just those plastic end pieces. Thank you in advance!

Same problem...I took my strut to an auto parts store. They did not have the correct strut but we did find some that the end pieces unscrewed and were interchangeable. Ended up buying a $12 strut and taking the end pieces off and putting them on my still good struts with bad ends.

Comment

That's a much better idea than paying approximately $50 - $75 to replace the struts! Thank you sir.

Comment

Ameritool makes a set that we went to that work a lot better and retro to your shock.

https://www.ameritoolmfg.com/product...nd-750-series/
        CEF-10M is the ones you need.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thank you KoolAid! Truly appreciate it.

Comment

Dave, if you are worried about the plastic wearing out you might want to check out those stainless end pieces at the bottom. Both are 10mm ball and have M6-1.0 thread like the plastic one. Just a thought.

Comment

Thanks Jon! I went with Justins suggestion for now and ordered 4 of the CEF-10M pieces. You can't purchase them from ameritool, but they pointed me to one of their distributors (Maxum Hardware). If these don't work as well (they seem much sturdier looking at them), I will try your recommendation.

Comment

Yeah I figured you had already ordered the parts. I was a couple days late to the party!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                  Ameritool makes a set that we went to that work a lot better and retro to your shock.
                  Thank You! Installed them over the weekend, and they are exactly what we needed. I appreciate all the help you provide us in this forum!

Comment

Working...
                  X