Extra ballast ports on 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra ballast ports on 2014

My 2014 RZR appears to have one more ballast port than on other years. I have 3 in the bow and 4 in stern. In the bow, I assume vent, overflow and drain. Stern would be vent, overflow, drain and bilge. Is this correct, and what is the difference between vent and overflow? Thanks for any feedback.

That's strange. Should be vent/overflow, drain in the bow and the stern on one side only, vent/overflow, drain and bilge.
    What does the ballast system look like? PM me the hull ID number and I will see how it was originally built.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Are you referring to actual hose connections on the sacs or the chrome thru-hulls in the side of the boat?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My 2014 R20 is the same. I'm not sure why there is an extra vent. From what I've noticed they only did this on the 2014's.

Comment

2014s had 2 vent/ overflows at each point(2 front 2 rear). Was a change that went along with going to the 1 inch line. So for each side in the front there is 3 thru hulls. 2 vent and the drain pump. In the back there is going to be 3 on one side and 4 on the other(maybe 4 and 4). 2 vent, drain and the 4th being the bilge pump exit.

Each bag has 2 independent vent/ overflow lines. its not just T'd in. This was over kill and I believe later discontinued. Made for a mess of hoses underneath.

Comment

My 2013 got those extra through hulls as well (but only on the stbd rear). However in my case they put two bilge pumps in. I think they drilled the hole by accident since it was a late 2013 build, and was done like the 14's.

Comment

That's what I get for being gone those years lol! I learned something new today.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

I’m referring to the stainless ports on the outside of the hull. Both port and starboard sides are the same, two flow when bags are full, and one drains. The hard tanks below deck, are they rotocast? Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Yep those are it. 2 vents(will both flow when the big is full) and the third being the exit for the drain pump. A forth in the rear id for the bilge.

The tanks are basically the same as a water tank or waste tank(boat or RV type). Not sure the construction process.

Comment

Working...
                  X