Ballast pump fuses???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast pump fuses???

I think I messed up a ballast pump this summer. While trying to prime the hose to fill the bags ( I have a hose that has a low spot that will also be redirected this off season) I thought it would just be a very quick pull, get some water in there, and put it back in. Once I got the hatch up I realized the pump was still going so I thought screw it, it will only be a second. Upon putting the pump back in I hit the side and the pump stopped running.

I assume I broke something internally???

A buddy said that maybe there is an in-line fuse that I blew?

So, Is there an in-line fuse or do I need to replace the pump?

Tsunami 1200's
    Last edited by MJO21; 10-18-2018, 04:51 PM.

Cant remeber what year your boat is. If its 14 and down theres fuses in a black box behind the panel under your helm. Can check the fuse there. If fuse is good and you want to be sure go to the pump and peel back the split loom. They are wired in with butt connectors. You can meter for good 12v(brown wire IIRC) and ground (black) at the butt connectors. If you have both pump is bad.

Comment

2013 z3.

so only in the fuse panel? there would be fuses for each individual pump? every otehr pump works. That is why I was hoping that there was an in-line fuse

Comment

Found the fuses. Fuses looked good and I switched a couple around to give it a shot and nothing helped...I must have broke the pump...

I already have the replacement so I will get it in shortly and cross my fingers....

Comment

Technically, the fuse is in line. That box, where the fuse is mounted, is the source of the 12V going to the pump, so thats the best place for the fuse. Yes, each pump has its own fuse.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

so where is the fuse that is in the line??????

I just replaced the pump and it still does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

never mind. I reread Chpthril's post. So in the fuse box under the helm is the fuses....

any other thoughts on my problem...

Comment

Take the fuse out for the pump you want to run, move it directly to the left and plug it in the other fuse retainer. That should bypass the digital switching and will allow current to go directly to the pump. If no pump movement, check voltage at the brown wire at the pump. Use your engine as ground (assuming its a rear pump. If front, use one of the ground bus bars). If its good, check power from brown wire to ground (black wire) at the pump. You may have a bad ground.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X