Winterizing PNP Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterizing PNP Bags

Is there a recommended procedure for removing, draining, and storing PNP Bags for the winter? It seems like about 1–2 gallons of water always remains in the bags. Hate to spill skunky water in the locker right before storing boat for the winter. Also am sure you guys have a few tips for completely drying or treating inside of the bags before folding up and storing. Or do you all just leave them be and let it ride?

I’m in moderate Northen CA climate and boat is stored indoors. So freezing is not an issue.

pull em out, drain on the driveway and put on a shelf somewhere. you can get all but the moisture out of them if you pull them and drain on the driveway. I'd unhook all the quick disconnects and remove being careful to try not to spill any. some always comes out.
    I always left the boat to air out for a few days after winterizing and removing all the ballast bags before covering and taking to storage for the long winter nap.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

If you aren’t freezing I really don’t see much of a need. They’re no different than the subfloor bags. So unles they’re really wet underneath and dirty no need.

Comment

Lift up the sac in a manor to steer the remaining water to the gravity drain, then remove the sacs. Just hang them up to air and dry.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Lift up the sac in a manor to steer the remaining water to the gravity drain, then remove the sacs. Just hang them up to air and dry.
          Thanks! Simple enough, now I just need to find room to hang them...

I was thinking of hooking up a blower for a day to the onboard ballast fill lines to try to dry out the rear tanks and front bags as much as possible. Anyone else ever try this or is the remaining water really not an issue? Last winter 3 humidity bags were full come Spring. With the boat covered up for 6 months I figure the residual water in the onboard ballast can contribute somewhat to the overall humidity.

Comment

Unless the sacs are disconnected, the ballast is a closed system, venting outboard. Any water left in the tanks/sacs, should not add to the environment under the cover.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X