Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballast bags do not drain all the way....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast bags do not drain all the way....

So my bags do not drain all the way, any advice on getting them empty?

It's all about gravity. The low point needs to be where the pump is.

What is your concern with them not being empty? Water borne disease? Winterizing? Weight?

Comment

winterizing...

so is there a separate pump that empties the bags? if so, where is that usually located?

Comment

2013 Z3? What ballast option.....bass or surf/pro or custom?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Surf ballast option

Comment

In the back there is a hard tank underneath the soft tank. It has a pump in it. Even if you bags still have some water in them, just ensure you get antifreeze down into that pump. I pour it in through the vent line. Run the pump for a split second.

As for the front, they are on the back end (closer to the back of the boat than the front). They are laying on the floor.

To drain mine, I put a floor jack under one of the cross members on the trailer and lift it waaaaay up. Then run the pumps. Lower and add antifreeze. Run again for an instant. Done.

Comment

Are you running the drain pump till water stops exiting or are you just watching the ballast gauges? A little water left in the sac is not out of the ordinary. You can fold the sac up into its stowed position and this will help gravity drain the rest.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                In the back there is a hard tank underneath the soft tank. It has a pump in it. Even if you bags still have some water in them, just ensure you get antifreeze down into that pump. I pour it in through the vent line. Run the pump for a split second.

As for the front, they are on the back end (closer to the back of the boat than the front). They are laying on the floor.

To drain mine, I put a floor jack under one of the cross members on the trailer and lift it waaaaay up. Then run the pumps. Lower and add antifreeze. Run again for an instant. Done.
                I do the same, jack the front up to drain water to rear of bags(where the drain pumps are), pour about 1 gallon of antifreeze into the vent line, cycle pumps a couple times and call it good.

Comment

anybody take their pnp bags all the way out? i haven't checked all the fittings but this would work i'd they're all quick connects. seems like if you don't get them out underneath gets and stays slimy and moldy, and the carpets will never dry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
                    anybody take their pnp bags all the way out? i haven't checked all the fittings but this would work i'd they're all quick connects. seems like if you don't get them out underneath gets and stays slimy and moldy, and the carpets will never dry.

The true PnPs are all quick disconnects. Some of the older models are all quick disconnects except the vent line. Its a barbed fitting. You just have to heat up the hose to get it off the barbs and heat it back up for install(electric heat gun or small butane torch is what I use).

Comment

if your Surf or Pro level Tige was built with .75" hose, it likely has the quick connects, In the 2013 era, tige moved to 1" hose and in-house built sacs using 1" thru-hull fittings for their sacs. No quick connects.

So technically no PnP until like 2017.

Comment

so...2018 i should be good. sweet. i think that's what I'm gonna do.

Comment

I installed quick connects and check valves on all my bags. When they’re not leaking (user error) they work great. I love being able to take the bags completely out to dry or clean them. Always hated messing with the hang up area. Removed all of that too.
                          BABz - babzusa.com
                          Austin, TX

Comment

Working...
                          X