'99 2100i Prop Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'99 2100i Prop Update

I bent up my prop end of season running over an anchor line and need to get it refinished. In the meantime I was wondering if it was even the best prop I need for what I'm trying to do. My needs are strictly for wake surfing/wakeboarding... no skiing interest. I tend to wake surf more even though the prep for setup takes forever on my boat. I've seen members reference the ACME 911 and ACME 525 I think... what's best for my needs? How do I reference what prop I currently have? TIA.

CP

So what is your current prop? this helps to predict the improvements.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Honestly I don’t know... what’s the best way to figure it out? It’s currently in the shop for end of season work. First time boat owner. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The number of the prop should be stamped around the hub. Maybe have the shop it's in look at it?
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

The 911 would be the surf prop, with the 525 being the "all around prop". Though ACME has updated their site and there is an another prop with less pitch than the 911, the 2083 - 13" x 9"

Comment

ACME has a great prop selector tool (or I should say it used to be great I cant get it to load right now). https://acmemarine.com/pages/custom-fit
            It depends on your elevation too. I use the 525 at ~600' to surf and wakeboard. I think it works great but if I were to get a new prop I'd prob get the 1231 or 911 for the sole purpose of why not.

Comment

The 911 is probably a little too low for that elevation. Depends on your ballast setup though. I run a 911 here at 4000+ but I also run it at Shasta once a year. It bounces of the rev limiter at 40.5 mph in a big hurry.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

At lower elevations, the 653 is a great prop. Plenty of pull for surfing and can run a slalom course. Probably a little aggressive to foot through.

With that said, I d want to know the existing prop first. This way, we can actually answer his question.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

As said above not sure what your original prop was but on mine it was a 13x13 3 blade. Recently swapped to a Acme 525. While I haven't pulled anyone with it, I did fully weight the boat down and its night and day difference on hole shot and how it holds its speed (wakeboard and surf) with that much weight. Only lost a few mph on the top end, still plenty fast for a slalom though.

Comment

Not sure these are the numbers, etc but all I can see are the stamps "LEGEND" and "12 98"

If there are other numbers under the shaft nut I couldn't make them out. Can look further this weekend when I pick it up. Thanks guys!

IMG_7878.jpgIMG_7880.jpgIMG_7879.jpg

Comment

The old OJ Legend. Not sure about the numbers. They kind of seem like a date code. My boat originally came with one of those. Compared to the ACME 911 I run now, that old OJ is better suited as a paper weight. Straight wall hanger. Decorate your garage with it.

The thing I really like about the 911 over the 653 is the added cup on the blades. It made a huge difference in my boat in the speed holding. The 653 still cavitated quite a bit and the rpms were constantly jumping, making speed holding really tough. The 911 next to eliminated any cavitation under full ballast. It will still cavitate if I have too much VAB in the back. Moving one small human to the bow usually eliminates any cavitation. Not sure which prop has the pitch of the 653 and the cup of a 911 but that would probably be perfect for an all around prop on that boat at that altitude.

Comment

FWIW, I hear good things about the new OJs.

Comment

Yea, I'm at 1400' and the ACME generator says I should be running 653 on average weight (2-4K) and the 1231 on heavy weight (4-6K). I have a 540 lb sack in the middle of the rear floor and stack or line up (2) 360 lb sacks on the surf side.

The second part of that question is it's probably better buying a 2nd new prop than refinishing the LEGEND????

Comment

I would replace the legend. Prop build tech has come a long way since that props days. It's likely better suited for what that boats original purpose was, skiing. A new CNC 3 blade all day long.

Comment

^^^Yup. That old honestly isn’t really even that good for skiing. I’m propped for surfing but, it’s so much better all around that I have no doubt it’s far superior even for slalom. It yanks my fat *** right out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X