Tige Touch Glitch Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Touch Glitch Help

The boat is a 2015 Z3 and out of warranty. Last 2 months the touch screen is glitching. It will start scrolling through the 3 main screens and activating ballast and lights and speed set. We keep shutting down and resetting battery switch to get it acting right.

I’ve updated with a flash from the dealer and from Justin at Tige. Both updates did not make a difference.

Voltage shows to be good on both batteries.

Any other troubleshooting ideas before I make the dreaded call to the dealer to price a new screen?

Thanks,

Billy

It’s jacked and you need a new screen. Known issue. Replaced mine last year but warrantee saved me.
    Mine was doing the exact same thing.

Comment

Ive seen all these symptoms before and a new screen was the fix. Not what you want to hear but I've never found a fix for what we call "ghost touches" besides a new screen

Comment

I have a 2016 Z1, 110 engine hours and within the past 2 months I have experienced similar erratic glitches, screen scrolling between 3 screens, messing with cruise control, and non-responsive.... I too power off TT and kill all power at the main battery switch. I then repower everything up to reboot TT. Sometimes it works and then at times it starts freaking out of control. This has me concerned as we are now at the end of the season. I have fully charged both batteries and they maintain a constant 12.8 and 12.6 volts. The batteries are not the cause.

I am contributing it to the voltage management Marine ProIso not keeping the house battery charged.

I am trying not to think it is actually the screen. I look forward to more people's opinions. If it is the screen, looks like a 2 hour trip to the dealer.

ProIsoCharge.jpg
        Last edited by NHarp1; 10-04-2018, 12:13 PM.
        Nick
        Dayton, Ohio

Comment

before you buy a new screen double check your voltage and batteries. The screens are very sensitive to this on MC. Probably not any different for the others.

Comment

Stupid question, but how is a 2015 out of warranty? Isn’t it five years?

Comment

Rather than tow all the way to dealer, give them a call and ask if you can bring the screen in and swap it out. My dealer was cool with that. Removal is simple. Installation is simple.

I just describe what was happening and they said “yep, you need a new screen” and let me swap it out.

Comment

TT has a 5 year warranty. Not sure if TT2 is the same.

Comment

2015+ is three year warranty unless otherwise stated/offered.
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
                    Rather than tow all the way to dealer, give them a call and ask if you can bring the screen in and swap it out. My dealer was cool with that. Removal is simple. Installation is simple.

I just describe what was happening and they said “yep, you need a new screen” and let me swap it out.
                    Screen swap out is that easy? Plug and play? Is there software that needs to be uploaded or is that already in the brain? I have AVX on my software.
                    Nick
                    Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I think 15’s had a 3 yr bow to stern and 3 yr Touch Screen warranty. The raptor motor has a 5 yr. I’ll call and double check though.

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
                        Screen swap out is that easy? Plug and play? Is there software that needs to be uploaded or is that already in the brain? I have AVX on my software.
                        Pretty much. Theres technically 2 different 7" screens. One for MY15 and 16, then another thats been the same since 17+. They all come with software on them but its usually not the most current version. Its pretty easy to upload new software via thumb drive. You would have to go into the dealer menu after and enable your AVX(assuming you have one) when the upload is complete. You also need a new Chromax overlay, unless you are very careful getting the old one off.

Comment

yep. 4 little screws. One of them is a pain to get out. Easier if you have one of those little right angle wrench things you can put a phillips bit in. Let's just say that only 3 screws went back in.

Chromax is removed with gentle pressure/prying with a plastic putty knife of some sort. I got a new one with my screen but I didn't need to use it.

There are 2 plug in connectors. Pop those, the 4 screws and the chromax and it comes right out. You will probably need to update the software. Mine had some little issue like no stereo or something small until I updated it. After that it worked perfectly.

Super easy. Saves a trip with the boat to the dealer, zero downtime, and keeps it from getting trashed in the dealer lot.

Comment

Great help. Thanks
                            Nick
                            Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Bakes5

Good call on the right angle screw driver! It was a must and I’m glad I picked one up prior to the removal.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X