Thinking about going from cobalt surf to tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about going from cobalt surf to tige

We currently own a 2015 cobalt r5 wss surf. We love it except we recently hit something in the water and the outboard assembly has a break-away design and the front facing prop hit something in 20’ of water and did $10,000 of damage. The entire assembly had to be replaced.

We are worried it could easily happen again so we are looking at the fixed prop boats. I also noticed on the tige that there is also the center fin on the r23 and other boats. It seems like it would offer a little protection (I know that isn’t the purpose of it).

The lake we are on (Pickwick) gets pretty rough especially on holiday weekends. So we would like to get something that can handle the chop well. The cobalt was a fantastic ride and had tons of space also.

I know the tige by design isn’t going to ride like the cobalt but I don’t want something that will be a bad ride either.

So far I went out on a Rzx3 and a r23e. To me the r23 drove, turned, and handled chop better.

I was surprised by this as the website states they all have the same Hull. I am guessing it is just part of the pickle fork design? Or was this just my perception etc?

Here is the boat I am looking at: https://www.barnes-marine.com/defaul...=xNewInventory any advice on what to offer? Seems pretty loaded.

Originally posted by ccondo View Post
    We currently own a 2015 cobalt r5 wss surf. We love it except we recently hit something in the water and the outboard assembly has a break-away design and the front facing prop hit something in 20’ of water and did $10,000 of damage. The entire assembly had to be replaced.

We are worried it could easily happen again so we are looking at the fixed prop boats. I also noticed on the tige that there is also the center fin on the r23 and other boats. It seems like it would offer a little protection (I know that isn’t the purpose of it).

The lake we are on (Pickwick) gets pretty rough especially on holiday weekends. So we would like to get something that can handle the chop well. The cobalt was a fantastic ride and had tons of space also.

I know the tige by design isn’t going to ride like the cobalt but I don’t want something that will be a bad ride either.

So far I went out on a Rzx3 and a r23e. To me the r23 drove, turned, and handled chop better.

I was surprised by this as the website states they all have the same Hull. I am guessing it is just part of the pickle fork design? Or was this just my perception etc?

Here is the boat I am looking at: https://www.barnes-marine.com/defaul...=xNewInventory any advice on what to offer? Seems pretty loaded.
    Totally different boat.

Rzx3 is a larger deeper boat also much heavier.

R23 is the old z3 which was a great boat but low freeboard.

Pickle fork bow may be more prone to a rougher ride.

I have an RZX2 22 foot version. It’s not the best on waves days but wake boats are slow, don’t handle well and take waves rough do to flatter running surface.

We surf a lot and it’s a trade off vs using the boat as a run about. If you do go Tige the wave and surf will be much nicer hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread is almost 3 years old. Some bot just resurfaced it.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
      X