Alpha Z light bar mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z light bar mount

Anyone have an idea for mounting an LED light bar on an Alpha Z?? I found some threads where people were trying to figure it out, but never a solution. I’m sure it’s hollow, somewhere in there for wiring. Through-bolting it would be by least favorite option. I may have some custom clamps machined, but was hoping someone already has some kind of kit that I’m not finding, to save me the effort...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://www.apexlighting.com/boat-li...BoCzK0QAvD_BwE

If you dont come up with a solution, Ive always thought mounting these ^^ to the deck just in front of the windshield wouldnt be the worst. They come in black as well. We dont do light bars at our shop, but have done some of the Rigid docking light installs in the bow for evening light as well. I highly recommend their docking light.

Comment

Do you have two sets of speakers? If you only have one you might be able to thread little individual led lights into the holes. You really don’t need a lot and that would be more than bright enough.

I know this isn’t what you wanted but have you added the led light bulbs?

Comment

My idea kind of goes off of bsreid's. If I wanted a light bar to hang under the tower I would sandwich brackets between the tower and the two inner tower speakers, then mount the lightbar to them. If you don't have two inner tower speakers then you already have a perfectly strong spot to bolt up a homemade bracket. I don't really know that tower so I can only guess what the shape of that bracket would need to be in order to put the light bar where you want it. But it would be easy enough to make a section that bolts to the tower then have another section that bends 90* from the first and allows the light bar to be moved forward or back as desired.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          https://www.apexlighting.com/boat-li...BoCzK0QAvD_BwE

If you dont come up with a solution, Ive always thought mounting these ^^ to the deck just in front of the windshield wouldnt be the worst. They come in black as well. We dont do light bars at our shop, but have done some of the Rigid docking light installs in the bow for evening light as well. I highly recommend their docking light.
          I hadn’t thought of deck mounting them in front of the windshield, that may actually be a viable option.. a 12” light on either side would probably be plenty.. those Rigid lights are super nice. I was looking at like a 40” on the bottom of the tower, which would light out whole lake up!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
            Do you have two sets of speakers? If you only have one you might be able to thread little individual led lights into the holes. You really don’t need a lot and that would be more than bright enough.

I know this isn’t what you wanted but have you added the led light bulbs?
            I do have 4 speakers, or I would have gone that route.

Led bulbs for the tower lights?? Didn’t know they were an option, if that’s what you’re talking about. Mine are fairly useless. We use a handheld spot now, with a passenger in the playpen..

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
              My idea kind of goes off of bsreid's. If I wanted a light bar to hang under the tower I would sandwich brackets between the tower and the two inner tower speakers, then mount the lightbar to them. If you don't have two inner tower speakers then you already have a perfectly strong spot to bolt up a homemade bracket. I don't really know that tower so I can only guess what the shape of that bracket would need to be in order to put the light bar where you want it. But it would be easy enough to make a section that bolts to the tower then have another section that bends 90* from the first and allows the light bar to be moved forward or back as desired.
              I had the exact same thought.. I could fab a bracket that would have a plate to sandwich between the speaker and tower, and build off that.. there would be several mounting options from there. I could run 2” aluminum pipe between the speakers and clamp lights to that, which would be the most versatile. Or just bracket to the mount on either side of the light bar, which is probably the best option. I guess that, or custom clamps on the tower, are probably my 2 best options.. I need to put my bimini up and look at clearances and all that.. running off the speaker mounts would probably be best for clearing the bimini..

Comment

Mr16 bulbs. You want a shallow beam angle close to 30 degrees, and the super white ones mine were 6000k. Some went brighter than 4w but this was all I could find. You really only need light when picking up rider coming into the dock.
                https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0792X...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-Z-Tower-light

If it were me I’d get those little square mini led light bars, a friend had them and they’re still blinding.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                  Mr16 bulbs. You want a shallow beam angle close to 30 degrees, and the super white ones mine were 6000k. Some went brighter than 4w but this was all I could find. You really only need light when picking up rider coming into the dock.
                  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0792X...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                  http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-Z-Tower-light

If it were me I’d get those little square mini led light bars, a friend had them and they’re still blinding.
                  I hadn’t even looked that close at those yet, except to know they’re pretty useless, as stock. We used to use a lot of MR16s for lighting, so I’m very familiar. I’ll swap those out, stat!!

I’ll probably try a couple of different angles, as I think they’re a little too narrow, as is. Will also be installing the brightest version I can find..

2 smaller lights have kinda been my backup plan, but I’d rather have 1 big light bar. It’s pretty damn dark on our lake, unless theres a big moon. I as going to run 2-3 of the high watt transom lights, and whatever as front facing. Figure that should get us by!!🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
                    I had the exact same thought.. I could fab a bracket that would have a plate to sandwich between the speaker and tower, and build off that.. there would be several mounting options from there. I could run 2” aluminum pipe between the speakers and clamp lights to that, which would be the most versatile. Or just bracket to the mount on either side of the light bar, which is probably the best option. I guess that, or custom clamps on the tower, are probably my 2 best options.. I need to put my bimini up and look at clearances and all that.. running off the speaker mounts would probably be best for clearing the bimini..

Probably the only issue could be the stupid pivoting tow/anchor light, so you may have to build forward of that. At least doing them on the tower will keep your bow open. No one would want to sit up there with big lights mounted to the deck shining on them. Plus, you cant angle them down far enough on the deck to be effective while under way.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                      Probably the only issue could be the stupid pivoting tow/anchor light, so you may have to build forward of that. At least doing them on the tower will keep your bow open. No one would want to sit up there with big lights mounted to the deck shining on them. Plus, you cant angle them down far enough on the deck to be effective while under way.
                      Both good points... I’ll have to look close at how to put it together, and take some measurements.. maybe one of the curved like 40” or 50” bars would fit pretty good, with just an aluminum bracket sandwiched between the inner speaker, on each side.. the curve would widen the beam, and possibly give extra clearance on the tow/light.. That might work real killer!!!

Comment

LED panels are an excellent replacement for incandescent lamps. It eliminates the need to replace the lighting device. Moreover, the compact size of the panels allows them to be mounted in the most limited spaces

Comment

That’s why I purchased https://www.amazon.com/car-lights-car-led-lights/dp/B09L86JRRM two weeks ago. Btw, diodes are resistant to cold and cope with low temperatures, pressure drops, and humidity. They are also not susceptible to vibrations. The cluster design eliminates parts that can stretch or tear during heavy loads.

Comment

When I had my 14 Rz2 I built brackets that bolted in were the speakers mount up and the light bar looked like it was in the air . Pretty easy to do but you gotta pull 2 speakers down to get the holes to lineup .
                            surf till u die.

Comment

Working...
                            X