Ballast not filling issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballast not filling issue?

I have a 2013 Z3. I have posted numerous times about the Ballast bag in the rear driver side not filling up. I took three of the four hoses off was sucking on them while the pump was running to no avail. We finally lifted up the compartment and looked at the pump. It is a tsunami. We took the pump cover off checked it no blockages anywhere. Got a little bit a water in the boat. Put the pump back together and the bag filled. It filled and drained all day long. The next day we had the same issue. Had to take the pump apart to get the air pocket out. Had to do it four different days last week. Is there a design flaw or something that can be done to prevent the air pocket from getting into the pump? That is the only pump that we have problems with.

I have posted numerous times
    Same here. Answered in your thread back on 6/24 http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...pulp-impellers

Need to re-orient the pump output and hose, so the air is allowed to pass through the pump body, rather then get trapped.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you for all your help...this is a big adjustment from a bass boat and an outboard motor for us.

By re-orient??? You mean twist the pump so that the hose is in a different direction? Add an elbow so the pump is parallel with the bottom of the boat? What exactly do you mean?

Comment

The exact operation will depend on its current position. Could be as simple as rerouting the hose to eliminate a droop. Swapping a straight outlet for a 90, or swapping a 90 for a straight, rotating the 90 to a better position.

Turning the entire pump body. Odds are, the pump is at an angle to the keel, not perpendicular. if the pump is angled but the outlet is on the bottom-ish side, are gets trapped. However, Tige is known to glue the pump threads into the ball valve and the ball valve into the thru-hull. This makes rotating the assembly, difficult.

Adding a 90 or 45 elbow could also help, but odd are, if you get everything apart to add one of those, just reassembling so the pump outlet is in a more upward position will do the trick.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...lock+wont+fill

Heres a thread with a great view of some stock pumps. You can see a couple with the pumps outlets pointing somewhat down hill with a droop in the hose.

and another

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...lock+wont+fill

Comment

Ballast is not going to fill the issue on this it was among the all generation that I need to read among the all parts. I have to make all affection that I need to post this or have to resume 2 hire review it has the all formats on this that was able to read on the all aspection.

Comment

Working...
            X