Mounting a flag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting a flag?

We always flew a 3x5 American Flag on our Champion. I had the flag mounted to an 8' piece if an old broken Pole vault pole. The pole slid into a seat post mount on the rear deck.

We now have a '13 z3 with an Alpha Z tower.

Anyone have any creative mounting set ups???

Originally posted by MJO21 View Post
    We always flew a 3x5 American Flag on our Champion. I had the flag mounted to an 8' piece if an old broken Pole vault pole. The pole slid into a seat post mount on the rear deck.

We now have a '13 z3 with an Alpha Z tower.

Anyone have any creative mounting set ups???
    If you have the stainless cupholders at the transom you could punch a hole to the diameter of your flag pole and drop it down into the cupholder. If you did it to both sides you could move the flag depending on regular or goofy surfers. Just watch the batteries underneath the port side.

You could try the same idea at the cupholders just in front of the window on the port side. I wouldn't be able to stand it on the starboard side. If you got really lucky on the port cupholder the pole may land right on top of the HDPE cover that hides the ballast bag in the spotters locker. If it did then you could probably whip up something to hold the base of the pole steady as well.

Not anything I've tried, just spitballing ideas.

Comment

I have not tried anything on the alpha z tower. I have a home made contraption that includes a tower clamp, small piece of pipe, several bearings and washers. The pipe has a plate welded in 1 end and a hole drilled through. The hardware and bearings attach the pipe to the clamp which points up on the top of the tower. I insert the flagpole into the pipe and the rig allows it to spin around as the boat turns and also unfurl when under way if it gets twisted around the pole when sitting still.

631C64CD-8FFE-44B1-B586-AB7C68C1579A.jpg

Comment

Pick up some fishing rod holders that are designed to clip onto railing from Amazon and some pvc pipe from Home Depot. I do it all the time for flags and recently the BABz banner. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        BABz - babzusa.com
        Austin, TX

Comment

I use this. You have to position it in a way that the wind pushes the holder up against the built in metal stopper but all in all it works good. https://smile.amazon.com/Airhead-FWT...wer+flag+mount .

Here is a pic:

Comment

I use this. You have to position it in a way that the wind pushes the holder up against the built in metal stopper but all in all it works good. https://smile.amazon.com/Airhead-FWT...wer+flag+mount .

Here is a pic:

Comment

Originally posted by dj2 View Post
              I have not tried anything on the alpha z tower. I have a home made contraption that includes a tower clamp, small piece of pipe, several bearings and washers. The pipe has a plate welded in 1 end and a hole drilled through. The hardware and bearings attach the pipe to the clamp which points up on the top of the tower. I insert the flagpole into the pipe and the rig allows it to spin around as the boat turns and also unfurl when under way if it gets twisted around the pole when sitting still.

[ATTACH]48874[/ATTACH]
              Can you attach a picture close up? I like the location of this.

Comment

My install
                Flag pole mounts 2015 z3 - TigéOwners.com (tigeowners.com)
                Nick
                Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Working...
                X