Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Owners with teak/wood swim platform...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old cedar one kinda forgot what it looked like.i don't have a pic of your new one. The improved one. The grill cups are sandwiched in the middle little cleaner look and obviously teak. Thanks Felssogd teak, pole. cups. you might have 300 in one.Not excluding grill. forgot the mounts they were not cheep. might be 350. We would have to talk if you wanted me to build you one turn key.

Comment

Super sick man! @Felssogd Man that teak ain't cheap! LoL...

Comment

@ h2osk8er Yes the teak is not cheep. The guy who dose all the teak platforms for most of the wake boats (believe he said all but 1) is about a 30 min drive from us so no shipping. Teak is heavy. I am sure you can get it somewhere on the google.We just got lucky being local. I would be happy to send you the pattern if you would like. Now that i think about it I think I still have Felssogd old cedar one in the garage if you are truly serious about one.I don't think he would care.( i am sure he will chime in) You would have to get the hardware.
        The one in Felssogd pic is the cedar one.
        Last edited by gumby; 05-10-2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
          @ h2osk8er Yes the teak is not cheep. The guy who dose all the teak platforms for most of the wake boats (believe he said all but 1) is about a 30 min drive from us so no shipping. Teak is heavy. I am sure you can get it somewhere on the google.We just got lucky being local. I would be happy to send you the pattern if you would like. Now that i think about it I think I still have Felssogd old cedar one in the garage if you are truly serious about one.I don't think he would care.( i am sure he will chime in) You would have to get the hardware.
          The one in Felssogd pic is the cedar one.
          def serious about making one but I don't have the nice table saw I would want to make it look as beautiful as you guys did! I have a circular saw and and a drill. Besides purchasing teak and hardware and lol, what else is needed?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

No table saw required. Must have are Jig saw,screw gun (impact preferred) router (laminate trimer) w 1/8 round over and plunge bit, drill, hole saw (i would have to get you the size) sander(orbital preferred) sand paper, !/2" brill bit, couple of clamps Think that is about it. I did a lot of pocket holes on mine but certainly not required When you look at the bottom of mine it is all 3 1/2" or 5 1/4" wide. Same with the top.
            IMG_0885.jpgIMG_0884.jpg

Comment

Now looking at it. The frame work. (Is the bottom) the front board looks to be 1 1/2" but you could cut with a skill saw put the cut out and sand after you get it together. just remember to leave it stick out to sand. Over all demotions are 43 3/4"x 15 3/4
              Last edited by gumby; 05-10-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

h2osk8er- you should get the cedar one from gumby and try it out. Throw a fresh coat of oil on it and it should make it a full season.

Comment

Now looking at it. The frame work. (Is the bottom) the front board looks to be 1 1/2" but you could cut with a skill saw put the cut out and sand after you get it together. just remember to leave it stick out to sand. Over all demotions are 43 3/4"x 15 3/4
                  So I’m thinking about this for a winter project.... how did it hold up this season? Anything you’d do differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine has held up like the day I built it. I personally wouldn't change anything. I worked out the bugs on the first cider one. I also built another one about 3 weeks ago for friend.Now there are 3 on our local lake. His boat is a 2003 22v. I will see if I can get him to post up a pic of his. His is a little different than mine. Because his hull is different than mine.

Comment

Mine has held up like the day I built it. I personally wouldn't change anything. I worked out the bugs on the first cider one. I also built another one about 3 weeks ago for friend.Now there are 3 on our local lake. His boat is a 2003 22v. I will see if I can get him to post up a pic of his. His is a little different than mine. Because his hull is different than mine.
                      That would be great thanks! I have a 22V but mount my grill to the table holder on the center interior. I’m looking to build a step to provide seating for putting on wakeboard bindings (I find I’m sitting on the pipe), and also going to put a cup holder on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will get my pics up tonight for you.

Comment

Let me start out by saying Gumby IS da man. After stalking him on the forum LOL I finally ran into him on the lake, super nice guy and most helpful. He walked me through the process step by step with his pattern and put together a cut list for the teak (Locally sourced for $220) and parts list another $100, it's worth every penny. I'm a pretty handy for home DIY's but was a little nervous taking this on with expensive wood, I just don't have the forethought to think 10 moves ahead. Gumby volunteered his time and jumped right in, this is his world. After making a few cuts and using the screw gun he took over and we knocked it out in a few hours. I can't thank him enough.

Anyway aside from ballast this is by far the best mod I've added, nothing like a hot lunch on the lake.

TS 1.jpg, TS 2.jpg, TS 3.jpg, TS 4.jpg, TS 5.jpg

If you need more pics let me know, I'll be happy to provide them.
                          Last edited by mwaite09; 09-24-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Such a sweet mod! Do you guys put anything under the wood feet so it doesn’t scratch up the gel coat?

Comment

I did on the first one thinking the gelcoat would get scratched but the pads came off after a short time. and the wood didn't hurt the gelcoat. So no the wood will not scratch the gelcoat. On the hardness scale gelcoat must be harder than teak. I think if you were a worry ward about it you could try some felt or something like that. I would worry that the felt would trap small particles of sand. and on the same hardness scale sand is harder than gelcoat. We know that.
                              mwalter09 Thank you for the kind words.

hilljroberts Not that I haven't used my table mount inside the boat for my grill before. ( I have) as much as the wife had a strong option that i don't bring the fire inside the boat. She hates/fears fire. I got the new Vinyl and didn't want anything to happen to the hard work i put into that ,and keep the wife happy. Could you Imagine her reaction IF I would have told her the gas tank is right under the mount. My point is be save. She is wright (don't tell her I said that) fire in the boat probably not the best idea.

Comment

gumby: I have a 2003 V Riders Edition and would very much like to duplicate your elevated platform. Can I buy a set of plans from you?

(Sorry I'm late to this string.)

Comment

Working...
                                X