Water leak on high pressure fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water leak on high pressure fuel pump

I recently changed out the fuel filter in the high pressure fuel pump on my 2006 Tige 24ve and in order to remove the filter canister I had to take the bottom plate off where the water lines go. I noticed the gasket was a little torn but figured it would still work since there were no leaks before. When I put it back together I noticed water was leaking because of the bad gasket. I bought a new gasket from marine engine depot but it leaks even more than before! I believe it’s the g force fuel pump, or at least it looks the exact same as the one on marine engine depot. Any ideas on where to get the right gasket or if I’m missing anything?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would use gasket sealant and be done with it. Just my
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

x2 on gasket sealant

Comment

Same thing happened to me when I first did mine. I used a bead of silicone sealant and it worked just fine. In the future I’ll be removing the hoses from it instead of taking the plate off.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
          I would use gasket sealant and be done with it. Just my
          Yeah that was my next move. I think I’ll try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think everyone does this during their first or second filter replacement. I had to put a good bead of 5200 on mine and never had an issue after that. Just take special care next year when you take the bottom bolt out to leave the bottom plate sealed in place.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I know it's an old post, but I'm having this same issue... So question: do I place the sealant on the lower plate where the circulation lines come in so I can get the holes lined up? Place the sealant on the gasket and hold it to the filter housing? If someone has the successful procedure here I'd love to know it! Even without the sealant it was difficult to keep the holes lined up while tightening the bottom bolt, and since you can't see it once it's flush, how do you even know if you kept them properly aligned? Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X