Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean the watersports from the foam decking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean the watersports from the foam decking?

Can someone please tell me the best way to clean the decking tige used for 17 Z3. I cant find a brand they used to be able to google the manufacturer's recommendations.
    If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

I cleaned a little test section the other day. I sprayed on TA in a 10:1 mix covering the area pretty good. I then scrubbed it with a medium stiff plastic brush. Scrub in straight lines going with the grain of the gaterstep. Then I wiped it all up with a dry rag. It came out looking like new. Now for the dawnting task of doing the rest of the floor.

My question is, is anyone using a pressure washer to clean everything inside your boat? Using a real wide angle tip on a low pressure unit might make this job much easier without damage. It would also make cleaning the real small areas that fill up with junk easier. Then giving the seats a once over to clean them off.

Comment

We use this stuff.
      https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tuff-Stuf...&wl13=&veh=sem
      Spray it on and let it foam up. Then its basically same procedure as described above. For the part where you wipe it with a dry rag, have lots of rags on hand. Once the rags pick up the dirt switch to clean one or you just start smearing dirt around. This applies to interior vinyl too. I know that sounds like a no duh thing but I've watched guys use one rag to wipe down their whole interior, and they are basically just spreading the dirt around.
      J- When customers purchase a full detail at our shop we do exactly what you mention with the pressure washer. Jack up the boat under the first crossmember at trailer first and make sure bilge plug is out. Work your way from front to back. I prefer to pull out as much vinyl as possible and wash it separate and dry it. After it dries you can wax all the deck underneath the seats, treat your vinyl and out it in, windshield glass last.

Comment

I don’t know if I would want to use a pressure washer on the interior of the boat as it would probably never dry up north. What I did do with great success was use the gas station car wash wand on the trailer seadeck stuff and it worked amazing, the stains/dirt flowed right out.

Comment

It would dry if you put fans in the boat after...that is what I do. I have a commercial fan and box fan, put in 2 different areas and move them around till dry and if sunny and warm, its also out in the sun.

Comment

Working...
          X