2005 tige 22v fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 tige 22v fuel pump

So just got my boat out of storage and started it up and it ran but it died twice while idling in the driveway. I have since ran it multiple times in the driveway without it dying and seems to be running okay. I am however concerned that it might have been a sign my fuel pump is going bad. When I turn the key to on and don't start the boat my fuel pump is making a different sound then I remember(however I live in Minnesota so it's been 5 months since I heard it so maybe I don't actually remember how it sounds) there is also the normal beeping of sound but also a thudding that I don't remember hearing as well. I will attach a video and see what y'all think. It could also be that the boat had been sitting for the winter and needs to work the fuel through and get warmed back up. When you turn the key on what all is activated? Fuel pump Lp and Hp... Any other solinoids that could make that sound?
    The boat is a 05 tige 22v with the 5.7 marine power 340hp engine...
    https://youtu.be/yppDqZUKanQ
    https://youtu.be/Y8-NFto8Ey0

Thanks for the help!!!
    Sam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad gas?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
      Bad gas?
      Yeah the gas has sat for 5 months however it was treated with stabil so I’m not sure... could be but I felt like the sounds when turning the key over sounded different then normal can anyone confirm if that sounds like a normal pump priming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would just hook a fuel pressure gauge to Schraeder and confirm. If FP is the problem you will see pressure come up slowly at key on engine off, start boat, and if FP drops and boat dies while running you've confirmed it.

Comment

So i checked the pressure at the fuel rail and it was around 55psi at key on and then when running stayed consistent at 50 psi. Engine was smooth and no issues for the time I had it running. The pump seems to sound better too.... I’m hoping it was just a little hiccup from winter storage and should be back to normal now. I am gonna treat the fuel and will find out later this week when the ice goes out!
          Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X