Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing older Supra to Tige, need opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing older Supra to Tige, need opinions.

Hello, my bro in law is in the market for a good surf boat. I have a 2006 22VE and we are looking for something similar, 22v, 22ve, or Rz2 in that 25-27K usd range.

There isn't a whole lot of used Tiges out there right now, but he did find a 2003 Supra 22 Launch ssv. I don't have a lot of knowledge about these boats, as we only have been in my boat, a mastercraft, and a nautique. Can anyone tell me what the surf wave is like in the older supras? It looks like the beam is a touch narrower, and it also looks like a touch less freeboard as well when compared to the Tige. Anything else anyone can add about the 2003-2006 supras? Good or bad.

Also, if you have a 22v or a 22ve and are looking to sell and are in the northwest please let us know.

I had a 2006 20ssv for my first boat. bought as first owner in '07 and traded it on the tige in '12. 350ish hours when sold. it took a ton of weight to get a decent wave and since it's a short hull, it was not a real long wave but we made it work. bags in rear locker, center compartment, 1 up front on the seats surf side and 2 on the seats in the rear surfside. mine had the ext3340 engine. vapor lock is an issue on the older supras but all you need to do is pour a cup of water on the fuel pump/filter and it'll fire right up again. we found running the blower from start to end helped with the issue. carpet was glued in and could be a bear to replace but others on the moomba forums have done it. rear platforms have some slop issues with the brackets but lots of known fixes. tower was pretty sturdy for an older tube tower. upholstery held up well.
    if you're trolling for info, go to moomba not supra forums. most of the supra posters are guys rebuilding/restoring the old boats. moomba has most of the traffic.
    overall it was a good boat and we certainly learned to surf well on it. dealer that took it in on trade used it for the summer as a shop boat as they really liked the wakeboard wave with center ballast and 900's in the rears. was not a real thirsty boat.
    good luck.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Awesome, that is really good info, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X