Wakeworld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeworld?

Anybody know what happened to the wakeworld forums? They have been "down for mx" for several weeks now..

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
    Anybody know what happened to the wakeworld forums? They have been "down for mx" for several weeks now..
    The site itself is back up where articles are just not the forums yet. Heard somewhere else that they will put it back up, just may be a little bit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Mike said it best:
      "So did the last of the die hard Tige owners leave wakeworld? No one left to bash on so Dave had to shutter the forum"
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

word on the screet be, da got hacked. Having to rebuild.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
          Mike said it best:
          "So did the last of the die hard Tige owners leave wakeworld? No one left to bash on so Dave had to shutter the forum"
          Funny how that has tapered off to basically nothing the last couple years.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

It's sad really. Used to be such a great site and is still a site that I would visit daily or multiple times a day. I'm always tell everyone I'm a boating nerd through and through. I love being on the water but I also love all the tinkering and am always adding new things to my boat. What I don't get is how some of the brand loyalists can get their back up so much or slam another brand. Sure, they all have their pros and cons but at the end of the day if it gets you out on the water that's what really matters. I really miss all of the DIY stuff that used to be on there which there isn't much of anymore. I suppose that is also due to the fact that most of these new boats come with pretty much everything you could want.

Comment

I agree. Basically, if you dont own one of the "big 3" you are a wally and have no business being on the lake.

If you like to surf, you a turd who again, has no place on the lake

Its pretty much all negative contributions.

if you are in the marine biz, Dave states publicly that he wants pro's to contribute, then deletes your posts and sends you a message about advertising or some BS.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                I agree. Basically, if you dont own one of the "big 3" you are a wally and have no business being on the lake.

If you like to surf, you a turd who again, has no place on the lake

Its pretty much all negative contributions.

if you are in the marine biz, Dave states publicly that he wants pro's to contribute, then deletes your posts and sends you a message about advertising or some BS.
                Crazy they treat people like that. Guess that is why I am a Tigé Owner.... Still have plenty to do to my old boat so I will keep you employed when I can. Hope all is well with you and if you are ever in Texas (San Antonio area) let me know! I will be in Charlottesville, VA the 21-25th of May if you are nearby at all. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  word on the screet be, da got hacked. Having to rebuild.
                  That's a pretty crappy backup plan. How hard is it to do a full snapshot every night of the server? Software crashes, restore from backup, lose 1 day of posts at most. Takes a few hours to restore.

This is like 1980 technology.

Comment

I work for a large web hosting company and you would be surprised how many businesses don't take snapshots or backups. With that said my companies web filter picked up on the site hosting malicious content for the last week or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X