R23 vs Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R23 vs Z3

Hey guys, first post here so bare with me. I tried finding this topic with no luck so I figured I would make a new thread. I’m fixing to pull the trigger on a r23 with upgraded tower off the z3. Custom ordered the way I want etc I was wondering if any one had bought a r23 and wish they would have got the z3? I don’t have the chance to see both in person so just kind of rolling the dice on them. I know hull design is the same besides some graphics you can change, but is the interior upgrades really worth the 5k price jump? I know you get a bigger screen and upgraded captains chair, and what appeared to be some more design and color options on the interior. Any input or advice is appreciated, thank you!

Originally posted by Milam_11 View Post
    Hey guys, first post here so bare with me. I tried finding this topic with no luck so I figured I would make a new thread. I’m fixing to pull the trigger on a r23 with upgraded tower off the z3. Custom ordered the way I want etc I was wondering if any one had bought a r23 and wish they would have got the z3? I don’t have the chance to see both in person so just kind of rolling the dice on them. I know hull design is the same besides some graphics you can change, but is the interior upgrades really worth the 5k price jump? I know you get a bigger screen and upgraded captains chair, and what appeared to be some more design and color options on the interior. Any input or advice is appreciated, thank you!
    It's a $20k difference per the website. $83k For R23 and $103k For Z3. (Both with no options)

For me the differences weren't worth $20k so I went R23

Comment

I say 5k difference because I’ve added enough to the r23 to where I pretty much have everything the z3 has except the upholstery options and few other small things. Adding the power fold down tower was $7000 but figured it was worth it. How do you like the r23?
      Last edited by Milam_11; 04-24-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I love the new tower over the old Alpha. However, I don't think the power option is worth $7k. You can add the plates in the middle of it so the manual tower looks just like the power tower. Anyways, if you're willing to spend $7k on it, you may as well spend $5k more and get the MUCH nicer Z cline seat and the bigger screen. I believe you can also get the steering wheel controls on the Z3. That's worth it too.

Comment

^^ I think I would have to agree with this as well. $5k difference at 100 isn't too big of a deal. $20k difference is a different story for me though.

The steering wheel controls are awesome as well! Definitely worth thinking about for sure...

Comment

BTW - the interiors for the R23 are a whole lot nicer for the '18 models. They made a bunch of refinements between year models this go around...

Comment

If you've optioned the R23 that far up that it is only $5K difference, I would go up to the Z3.

Comment

If you’re optioning the r23 that high you might as well go Z3. You will easily make it back in resale

Comment

^^^what they said. I am super busy unloading boats and trailers today, but I will try and post a couple pics on the r vs z interior later today for you.

Comment

Appreciate the input guys! I double checked and it’s exactly 8k to jump up. I start with a budget of 70k and here we are mid 80s now lol just a poor oilfield worker in Oklahoma trying to get a decently boat. Interior does look night and day on the two models.

Comment

Boy if you’re looking for value new boats aren’t the way to go man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Haha I know man, starting to realize that. But I really want the mocha interior on one and then I feel like why settle spending 60k on a used boat when I can spend a little more and get exactly what I want. But that little more started at 78k and now here we are questioning spending 95k lol

Comment

You only go around once my friend!

Comment

The new boats hold their value well... So do the used ones. My boat is going on 5 years old and it would still sell for close to what I paid. I get an assist from the sucky Canadian dollar, but it's still decent. The hard part is coming up with the extra money, but it will hold its value,.

Comment

I knew everyone would say z3 lol kind of why I posted it, needed the extra encouragement. I will definitely let y’all know what I decide. Should be happy either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X