Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New swim deck pad and Tige’ logos

Well, it’s official. I am an idiot.
    When I was cutting my pad to size I had it upside down so I wasn’t marking on the pad itself. I completely forgot that the pad I choose has a “grain” to it. I laid it out and cut them at different angles with the idea that I would have enough left over to do the transom walk thru. Well, I did have enough for the walk thru but....OOPS! Total face palm moment. I think I may have had too much blood in my alcohol stream.
    On a positive note, cutting a template out of 3/8” underlayment board worked perfect as an outline for my router and the edging came out pretty sweet.
    I got my speakers hung on the tower and wired up and also slapped on the black and gray Tige’ chromax logos I scored end of last summer. I think it looks pretty sweet, low profile and clean.

7E16D38D-DA2C-466E-8293-F3105721211B.jpg

AEBB185E-14B6-47E3-898A-217FE8A513C3.jpg

9D81CEB3-74F5-4501-99E9-00458FB59F9D.jpg

1E38B70C-D81B-4389-A67B-7EE5D6AC53D5.jpg

DDE5B3AA-C27F-4648-A6DD-DE3D5CE88CAE.jpg

9AB50265-B085-46E0-B5CF-E2AC1B9DDC1D.jpg

41DA3C33-85B3-498E-9470-646EC50421DC.jpg
    Last edited by Jetdriver; 04-24-2018, 02:50 AM.

Oops. Oh well. It doesn’t look too bad. The edge turned out really nice at least. The logos look sweet too. I don’t believe in tower speakers so I’ll just let that one go.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

The angled grain looks cool. I'd do the opposite on the far side when you source more of the mat

Comment

Where did you get your pad?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
          The angled grain looks cool. I'd do the opposite on the far side when you source more of the mat
          I thought the angled side looked cool as well. I guess I’ll see if my OCD can deal with it looking like that. If not I’ll definitely do the other side opposite, I think it’d look slick. I don’t even know if I can still get the same stuff. It was an eBay score.
          I was planning on modifying the platform after the summer anyway so it’d get redone at that point worse case.
          Still a bonehead move.

Comment

Originally posted by boonecragun View Post
            Where did you get your pad?
            eBay, search marine EVA decking. It was affordable ($75) for a good size roll and appears to be pretty decent quality.
            Last edited by Jetdriver; 04-24-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
              Oops. Oh well. It doesn’t look too bad. The edge turned out really nice at least. The logos look sweet too. I don’t believe in tower speakers so I’ll just let that one go.
              Because you don’t believe in them doesn’t mean they don’t exist man
              I’ve gotta have tunes while I ride! I don’t know why you wouldn’t want a set.
              I installed separate zone controls so I can turn them off if I want.

Comment

Nice work man! I agree as well, the angled grain looks good...

Comment

Looks awesome... The mishap tells a story and before long it is just another intricacy of your ride. Where did you end up getting the Chromax emblems? Been wanting to do that for a while to give my boat the face lift she deserves but when I was going to do it they had stopped selling them online... I think due to adhesive issues or something..Either way I don't see them on the website anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                    Because you don’t believe in them doesn’t mean they don’t exist man
                    I’ve gotta have tunes while I ride! I don’t know why you wouldn’t want a set.
                    I installed separate zone controls so I can turn them off if I want.
                    I actually do have a set. Took them off years ago. Reasons?

A) It’s my opinion that music is for the people in the boat. If you are riding, you’re getting to ride while the rest of us are waiting our turn. While you are out there having fun, we’re going to listen to music in our comfy floating lounge. Yes I could, at the time I had my towers speakers on, control the levels on my tower speakers/cabins. The people in back, especially since I have D-Drive, get blasted if the towers are turned up. You want me to blast the people in back just so you can hear? Nope.

B) I’ve been blasted by enough overly loud music from other boats that I cannot, in good conscience do that to other nice folks out on the lake. I find it extremely rude and given the lack of common courtesy in this age of self absorbed, instant gratification, I refuse to contribute to this decline of basic civility.

C) I hate your music. Probably. You probably hate my music. The chances of me playing your favorite song are between slimmer than slim and absolutely f’n none and vice versa. The reality of the over-saturation of the music market is that nearly everyone has a unique set of favorites. I certainly have mine and I’m willing to bet they ain’t yours. I could play days of stuff for myself but, I try and play stuff for the people in my boat that are also songs I like. My people are not your people so don’t think you can play music from your boat that my people are going to enjoy, let alone me and my music snobbishness. You’re not going to or at least the percentages are grossly out of your favor. Please don’t try. I certainly won’t.

D) The “I need my tunes when I ride” argument. Let me ask, if stereos in boats ceased to exist, would you still ride? I waterskied for nearly 30 years before I ever had a set of tower speakers. Always had fun. It’s been well over a decade since I’ve ridden with tower speakers. I still have fun every time. If you can’t, I question your motives. They appear to be wack.

I quote Fife on Phoney Rappers-
                    “Talking 'bout I need a Phillie right before I get loose
                    Poor excuse, money please, I get loose off of orange juice.”

I’m by no means attacking you personally. These are just my views on tower speakers. When I say “you” or “your”, I’m just pointing a general finger at humanity. I know that most people (especially tigeowners) wouldn’t be dicks like the extreme examples that are out there that we all hate. Those extreme examples are the aim of my venom. When I weigh my reasons for having/not having tower speakers, it’s no contest. I’m not that guy nor do I want to be. My views are not your views and I’m not looking to impose my views on you. You (Jetdriver) just asked. Did you want to talk about the morality of tower speakers or...

Sorry for soapbox rant. I probably should have just stated that I might be a prick but, I’m not a selfish prick.

Comment

Wow, you really do hate tower speakers....allow me to retort sir

A) yes
                      B) I can respect that decision although you don’t have to play it so loud it’s heard miles away
                      C) you just quoted Tribe so I’m guessing you’d like a lot of what I’m rocking and vice versa
                      D) my motive to ride isn’t music but I frickin love music. I believe the combination makes it even more enjoyable

I know you’re not attacking me and didnt take a word you said personally. You’ve got your reasons and are obviously passionate about them. Whether or not I agree with you makes no difference.
                      My tower speakers are about as tame as it gets in these days of the 7k+stereo boats, 2 to 3k in tower speakers alone. I don’t think you’re a prick and if you are, you’re a very considerate prick so cheers! Hope you have a great summer man!

Comment

Man. I can’t do a trim tab mount. My trim tab mounts to the running surface. I have a center platform bracket that I can use though. Your setup has me convinced that is the way to go.

What tower is that?

Comment

It’s an Xplosion tower. I bought the boat from a dude that lived in Riverside, CA. The old Tige’ dealer there would order all his boats without towers and trailers and put them on Extreme trailers with these towers. I think his brother in law owned Xplosion if I remember the story correct so they had a deal worked out. Xplosion is gone but Extreme trailers is still at it.
                          I like the tower a lot, well built and sexy lines. Plus it’s different than most the boats I see.

Comment

Wow, you really do hate tower speakers....allow me to retort sir

A) yes
                            B) I can respect that decision although you don’t have to play it so loud it’s heard miles away
                            C) you just quoted Tribe so I’m guessing you’d like a lot of what I’m rocking and vice versa
                            D) my motive to ride isn’t music but I frickin love music. I believe the combination makes it even more enjoyable

I know you’re not attacking me and didnt take a word you said personally. You’ve got your reasons and are obviously passionate about them. Whether or not I agree with you makes no difference.
                            My tower speakers are about as tame as it gets in these days of the 7k+stereo boats, 2 to 3k in tower speakers alone. I don’t think you’re a prick and if you are, you’re a very considerate prick so cheers! Hope you have a great summer man!

I don’t get giant sound systems. I mean, I love a nice, clean system but it’s a boat. It’s never going to be a studio. Trying to overcome that fact with power and mass just seems foolish to me. I’ve been on those boats and it sucks. At some point, you’re just blowing your eardrums out. I’ve always got kids aboard and I don’t really want hurt their ears. My system sounds good but it’s about as basic as it gets. It’s not going to win any contests, that is for certain. Come to think of it, all my systems are. “You get more mileage from a cheap pair of speakers.”

I’m a music head for sure. I’m always diggin’ and trying to learn and find stuff I love but have never heard of. It’s not that hard really. There’s so much out there that it’s kind of impossible to wrap your head around. You could listen to new songs all day, everyday for the rest of your life and never hear one repeat. It’s literally endless. I take pride in what I’ve learned and accumulated but, the only thing I’ve found out for sure so far is that I don’t know chit about music compared to people who actually know what they’re talking about. I’ve got a buddy who is the most amazing punk database I’ve ever met. He literally, within 10sec of hearing any punk song from the 80’s, can name the band, the song title, and the album every time. I can’t do that. I know some stuff but he is amazing. Musical humility. I’ve been lucky to have learned that.

You rock any vinyl?

Shoosh, have another beer, Nick. Blah, blah, blah...

Comment

It’s an Xplosion tower. I bought the boat from a dude that lived in Riverside, CA. The old Tige’ dealer there would order all his boats without towers and trailers and put them on Extreme trailers with these towers. I think his brother in law owned Xplosion if I remember the story correct so they had a deal worked out. Xplosion is gone but Extreme trailers is still at it.
                              I like the tower a lot, well built and sexy lines. Plus it’s different than most the boats I see.
                              That’s right. I couldn’t think of the name. Pretty wild looking towers. I love that it’s the original tower. Looks good on there. I think you might have the single best looking Ve around. Except for those silly speakers up there.

Comment

Working...
                              X