FAE with Vx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAE with Vx

For those who have asked here is my FAE on my 2013 Tigé Z1 with Convex Vx. I opted not to get anything fancy because the Vx hid it anyways. It was still $704 CAD on my doorstep.

Overall it works and looks good. However there were 5 issues with the kit.

Firstly the screws were too small (UNSTUCK warned of this). The little baggie even said Tige single exhaust on it so there really is no excuse.

Secondly the exhaust port mounting flange is slid on the tube before welding but then they forgot to test to see if it would clear the weld. Kind of a rookie mistake. I fixed it with a hammer. It scuffed the finish but I didn't care. It's on the top where I can't see it.

Thirdly they included the wrong length bolt.

Fourthly, I had to grind down the bracket plate to clear the drain plug.

Lastly it came with only page 2 of the instructions. Page 1 was missing.

All in all I rate this a C+. For a company who only builds one thing I would think it could be better. Now we will see if it works..... in about a month.
    Last edited by JohnnieMo; 04-23-2018, 01:52 AM.

Cant imagine there being 2 pages of instructions, what do you feel was missing?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Cant imagine there being 2 pages of instructions, what do you feel was missing?
      Page 1

Comment

not trying to be sarcastic. What was actually missing. Did you finally find a page 1? Just cant see there being that many steps that there are 2 pages.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm the one being sarcastic

I don't actually know there is a missing page, but the page I do have seems to start part way through the project. As for what's missing, I'd say the following:

- A parts list as well as a diagram showing where they go. A picture would be nice.
          - A sequence of steps dictating what order you should proceed in.
          - Some information how best to ensure the screws stay seated (do I use silicone? loctite? something else?)

Obviously I got the job done, but only because I googled for pictures and videos. I almost made some mistakes that could have been aided by instructions.

Here is what I had in the box.
          IMG_7039.jpg

I do recognize every boat is a unicorn and perfection is impossible. However these seem like basic errors.
          Last edited by JohnnieMo; 04-23-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X