Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAE trim tab mounts

Hey T.O.!
    I recently swapped my FAE supports on my 07’ 22VE from the swim deck mount with “quick” disconnect to the trim tab mounts so I figured I’d post a couple pics of the before and after.
    No more messing with the disconnects every time I take my deck off! (It was a pain in the a$$ to do alone and I have to take the deck off every time I put it in my garage)
    For those that have a swim deck attached support mount, I’d highly recommend the swap. Takes a little time measuring, cutting the pipe to size, grinding the ends so it fits the old style pipe mounts perfect, drilling bolt holes and you’ll most likely be using the one trim tab screw that’s actually a thru hull mounted bolt () but it came out great and is solid.
    I also cut off about an inch and a half from the pipe so it sits closer to the taps plate. Had to redrill the retention holes for the flappers but that was quick and easy and worth it to me to get a cleaner look from the side.

Old
    C92CF638-A676-4BF2-B621-E15A7C4C8342.jpg
    06F72E20-C812-4D7B-B634-8B6EE3BD188A.jpg

New
    60C37AF3-E242-42A6-A8AB-923E717EBBEE.jpg
    9C12B3A9-8594-44E1-90E6-2635024548CF.jpg
    7D39A044-DBF6-491C-90B6-1EA1D7D4FA65.jpg
    00DD5EBC-F966-4BDB-B093-60E2F661B575.jpg
    Last edited by Jetdriver; 04-21-2018, 04:47 AM.

Dang dude. Pretty much the most modded 07 22ve transom out there!! All you need now is to call Redline and be ballin wit billet lol
    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...atform-bracket
    Or maybe just slap GSA or Taps 3 on there. All jokes aside though they would look good back there though and I can't remeber what shop paid for last pair but seem to think that they weren't outrageous for anodized billet. Have you done any platform trimming as well or have you not needed it?? Seems like the RZ2 platform was the biggest offender.

Comment

Ohhhh bracket bling!! Haha!
      I’ve scored some new RGB ocean LED lights on eBay to slap on it but am trying to wrap my head around how to cut a piece of HDPE at an angle to put behind the light so the light shines out straight from the transom instead of down into the water like my current lights do. Ideas are welcome my friend!

It’s the rounded edge platform and while it’s big it isn’t RZ2/4 big. The corners on those platforms were ridiculous!
      Listed it cuts into the wave, with a suck gate and more level it doesn’t affect it. I have thought of modding it anyway only because I’m a fool for customizing and love a good project
      I ripped the hard rubber Es off the deck and have a piece of 3m backed EVA to put on it but am trying to figure out a good way to route the edges on it like so.....

9FFD2CF7-2B42-4F3C-8C8A-BAB21A78CB5D.jpg

I don’t have a routing table so I’d have to free hand it and it makes me nervous. I don’t want to mess it up! Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
        Ohhhh bracket bling!! Haha!
        I’ve scored some new RGB ocean LED lights on eBay to slap on it but am trying to wrap my head around how to cut a piece of HDPE at an angle to put behind the light so the light shines out straight from the transom instead of down into the water like my current lights do.
        Table saw. So long as you have a strip at least the width and overall length plus a bit that you need, it’s pretty easy.

Nice looking FAE man! Thanks for posting pics. This project is now on my to do list.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I was thinking table saw was probably my best option, then I thought of my severed fingers flying off! I guess I could just feed the length I need then cut the remainder of with a chop saw. Brilliant! Thanks man

Comment

I saw a thread where someone else did the edges of there foam decking....they clamped it to a piece of plywood cut to size and then used the plywood as the hard edge to run the router against it to bevel the edges. His finished product looked great! Another idea anyway

Comment

^thanks Family, that idea crossed my mind. I could just make a cheap plywood template. Thanks man
              Last edited by Jetdriver; 04-21-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                I was thinking table saw was probably my best option, then I thought of my severed fingers flying off! I guess I could just feed the length I need then cut the remainder of with a chop saw. Brilliant! Thanks man
                Yup, there you go. Just cut what you need and chop the end off. Keep fingers out of saw.

Man, when I think of how many miles of 1/4”x3/4” scribe I cut on the table saw back in my cabinet days. Sigh...

Comment

I’d have to agree with the router for the foam. I’ve never done it so I’m not sure how the foam would react to the bit. In theory it’s really easy. Just test it on a piece of scrap first.

Comment

^well worth it to not have the nickname Stubby!

Comment

I’ve seen guys do it. Not pretty. I take my table saw safety very seriously. The first thing you should always do is take the safety gaurd off the saw. Those damn things are deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                        I’ve seen guys do it. Not pretty. I take my table saw safety very seriously. The first thing you should always do is take the safety gaurd off the saw. Those damn things are deadly.
                        Right!?! How are you supposed to see what you are amputating with that guard on there?

Comment

Hahahaha! My older brother was teaching one of his boys to use a table saw and was talking about always respecting the blade as he hacked into his finger! Was able to get it stitched up but had to fuse the joint which sucks for him as he’s really into playing guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                            I’d have to agree with the router for the foam. I’ve never done it so I’m not sure how the foam would react to the bit. In theory it’s really easy. Just test it on a piece of scrap first.
                            I watched a couple YouTube videos on it and the key to a clean cut is feeding the foam against the rotation of the bit.

Comment

^^^There ya go.

I decided it was a good day to break out the table saw. New engine cover for my buddy’s 21v.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X