1999 21v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 21v

Purchased a 99 Tige from a guy last summer. Has the 350 mag. Was curious to know if it was best to use quick silver oil and filter, or other leading brands?
    Also I am looking for insight to drive oil replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by bpbeasley01 View Post
    Purchased a 99 Tige from a guy last summer. Has the 350 mag. Was curious to know if it was best to use quick silver oil and filter, or other leading brands?
    Also I am looking for insight to drive oil replacement.

There was a bulletin from Tige saying to use SAE 30 oil (non detergent) for the v-drive to reduce noise from the unit. Auto parts stores around me don’t have this oil on the shelves. You have to go to the counter and ask so they can pull it from their super secret stash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the site!
      You can, but don't need to use Merc. filter and oil. I use a Baldwin oil filter B360 and Shell Rotella T4 15W-40 from Walmart.
      NAPA, WIX, K&N, Mobil 1 seem to make good oil filters as well.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

^^^^ what he said. We use a 25-40 synth blend and Sierra filters. 30w for the v drive. ATF fort the trans. If you haven't don't an impeller and the guy you bought it from didn't tell you last time he did I'd be looking to do that too.
        Cheap insurance and better than an overheat in the water.

Comment

I think I saw that Indmar also said something about switching v-drive over to the 30w.....is this also the case with PCM? On 1:1.48, rather than using the Dexron III?

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
            I think I saw that Indmar also said something about switching v-drive over to the 30w.....is this also the case with PCM? On 1:1.48, rather than using the Dexron III?
            PCM uses ATF in trans and a full synth 50w in the vdrive.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              PCM uses ATF in trans and a full synth 50w in the vdrive.
              They say this is a "Maintanance free" trans cause it's "power plus" trans, I looked in owners manual today and is says to only change if contaminated (which it is not) and just to check it, which I do regularly and never been low. Is there a reason they don't recommend changing, or is this just a perk for people that don't wanna mess with it? It's a 2014, bought new in 15, so only about 260hrs. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

They say this is a "Maintanance free" trans cause it's "power plus" trans, I looked in owners manual today and is says to only change if contaminated (which it is not) and just to check it, which I do regularly and never been low. Is there a reason they don't recommend changing, or is this just a perk for people that don't wanna mess with it? It's a 2014, bought new in 15, so only about 260hrs. Thanks

I don't know what their reasoning is for "maintenance free". I typically only change it if its water contaminated, which I have seen from boats that ended up with lots of water in their bilge. I've heard claims that the breather on the vdrive is a one way street but I don't buy it.
                I believe they do recommend a break in change at 20 or 25 hours so if it wasn't done it may be worth doing now.

Comment

I don't know what their reasoning is for "maintenance free". I typically only change it if its water contaminated, which I have seen from boats that ended up with lots of water in their bilge. I've heard claims that the breather on the vdrive is a one way street but I don't buy it.
                  I believe they do recommend a break in change at 20 or 25 hours so if it wasn't done it may be worth doing now.
                  Thank You for response, not trying to derail thread, been thinking about this for couple months now and wondering what I should do. I think I will change it, I am just too OCD not too. Manual said to check at first 25hrs and then annually. Nothing about changing unless an issue with it.
                  Is only way to remove with extraction pump and does 2 quarts sound about right? Trying to locate where I can order the fluid from.
                  Thanks again

Comment

Thank You for response, not trying to derail thread, been thinking about this for couple months now and wondering what I should do. I think I will change it, I am just too OCD not too. Manual said to check at first 25hrs and then annually. Nothing about changing unless an issue with it.
                    Is only way to remove with extraction pump and does 2 quarts sound about right? Trying to locate where I can order the fluid from.
                    Thanks again

I stock a Chevron product that meets the PCM requirement. The Raptor Vdrive also calls for a Full Syth 50 Trans fluid so I stock it in 5 gal pails. Unfortunately this is most likely a tough one to find in just quarts at parts housed or even a local bulk oil vendor. I would check either Nautique Parts or Indmar parts sites and see of they sell any vdrive oil by The quart.
                    I suck the fluid out. Be sure to pull the mirrored square plug on the other side of the vdrive so it can vent as you fill. I use one of those little pump rigs that you screw on top of a bottle, otherwise it's the world tiniest funnel and you make a mess. Believe it's just over a quart, so I would order 2.

Comment

I stock a Chevron product that meets the PCM requirement. The Raptor Vdrive also calls for a Full Syth 50 Trans fluid so I stock it in 5 gal pails. Unfortunately this is most likely a tough one to find in just quarts at parts housed or even a local bulk oil vendor. I would check either Nautique Parts or Indmar parts sites and see of they sell any vdrive oil by The quart.
                      I suck the fluid out. Be sure to pull the mirrored square plug on the other side of the vdrive so it can vent as you fill. I use one of those little pump rigs that you screw on top of a bottle, otherwise it's the world tiniest funnel and you make a mess. Believe it's just over a quart, so I would order 2.
                      Ur awesome, thx!

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone, ended up with quick silver oil for the engine. Also got sold the Sierra filter, but it was too long. Ended up at academy for the quick silver filter that matches the one removed. Oreillys had the SAE30 non-detergent oil I need for the Walter Gear Drive.

Got curious about the two red indicator lights on console. One says trans, but the other is not labeled. The one that is not labeled was broken and turns out it doesn’t work either. Bought a replacement at O’reilly today, but would like to know which sender this light reads.

Comment

Originally posted by bpbeasley01 View Post
                          Thanks for the input everyone, ended up with quick silver oil for the engine. Also got sold the Sierra filter, but it was too long. Ended up at academy for the quick silver filter that matches the one removed. Oreillys had the SAE30 non-detergent oil I need for the Walter Gear Drive.

Got curious about the two red indicator lights on console. One says trans, but the other is not labeled. The one that is not labeled was broken and turns out it doesn’t work either. Bought a replacement at O’reilly today, but would like to know which sender this light reads.

I feel like a complete moron at this point! The secondary led is for a security alarm! Although the trans oil light ground has been removed from stud...

Comment

I believe even though it's labeled trans at dash it is the pressure switch on the Walter vdrive. Id hook it up and see if it lights. If pressure switch is working and everything works like it's supposed to it will go out when boat is shifted into gear and at 1000-1200rpms it will turn off. That's if everything works like it's supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                            X