Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Maintenance Time - Repost

Hey Gang,

Sorry for the re-post. I accidentally posted this to the Ballast forum and couldn't figure out how to move it.

Pulled the RZX2 out of storage yesterday. Got my assortment of Hula Boat, 303, and other boat love products to shine her up. Conveniently this year's CA State Park and Boat pass arrived yesterday, too. Goosebumps.

As I spend the next two days prepping the boat, I do have a few questions:

1) Tower Speakers and Tower Care: These get the most directly sun and exposure on the rig. What, if anything, do you all do for maintenance on the tower, tower speakers, and Bimini?

2) Dual Bank Battery Charger: I've not looked under the hood (so to speak) but please confirm which is cranking and which is accessory batteries. 2017 Tige which battery type: Flooded/STD AGM or Gel? Where's the best location to install the charger? Any other tips/advice. I purchased the ProMariner: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

3) Wakemakers 550 PNPs: I purchased these at the end of last season. Been jonsing to get them in and try them out. Any advice, tips for install? What do you all do to keep things dry under them?

Can't wait to get out. Supposed to be in the 80s here. Hope I can get everything done...

I haven't been in an RZX2 yet. Surprised it didn't get a built inn charger from the factory. Was it not optioned?? Should be lead acid Deka Marine batteries, at least that's what show up in our boats. One will be labeled as a starting/cranking battery and the other labeled as a deep cycle. The deep is the "house" battery. Would try and sneak the charger in next to the batteries. I would get with Chpthrill as I would bet you hes done this job already

Comment

For the bags they’re super easy to install, just match up all the hoses. If you’re worried about getting moisture just open the compartments and lift the bags up.

You can get wetsounds speaker covers but if your bimini is up it does a good job too.

If you’re prepping now is the time to give it a good coat of wax/sealant to make cleaning easier in the future. I prefer the mazerna power lock sealant.

Comment

What about all the dust that collects on the speaker itself. What are you guys doing to clean that off. I reach in there with a rag, but it never seems to do any good.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
          What about all the dust that collects on the speaker itself. What are you guys doing to clean that off. I reach in there with a rag, but it never seems to do any good.
          ditto that. and does anyone protect the back sides with wax or some other product to make cleaning bug and road gunk easier?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

It really wont matter much with the prosport series, but as free noted, there should be one cranking and one deep cycle and they should be plain old wet cell.

@ unstuck, if Rev-10, take the grills off and wipe them down with a damp cloth. The drivers have their own screws so they wont fall out. And if you get dirt dobbers on the horn, they unscrew and can be washed out with the hose and dried. Rev-8 the grill screws hold the driver in so its two handed and carefully take the grill off and dont let go of the driver.

http://www.mikesliquidaudio.com/Phot...4/category/150 heres an rzx3 you can just see the corner of the yellow charger. Just make sure you dont screw through the hull.

The Wet Sounds Suitz do well to keep the pods clean, dobbers out and sun off when not in use.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Spring Maintenance Time - Repost

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Just make sure you dont screw through the hull.
              I don't know anyone who'd ever do that..... :O
              Last edited by JohnnieMo; 04-21-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Appreciate all the tips.

Got'er done! Props to @bsreid for the tips on the PNP bags. That was a head-scratcher yesterday eve.

The Hula Boatcare "Hang 10" (cleaner wax) and "Big Kahuna" (polymer sealant) did the trick. What ever little water spots I had remaining from last season are gone. It's one big Red/Black/White mirror.

Cranking battery (engine start) is on the right and house battery is on the left. At least that's how it was set up in mine. Cranking battery will be marked as such so easy to identify. I mounted the ProMariner just above and to the left of the batter compartment and fed the charging cables down through the existing service hole right there.

Something I thought of for next time, is removing the rear platform will make waxing the back soooo much easier.

For the tower speakers I held the pressure washer wand 3' away and shot them with a powerful mist followed by a drying them out with a leaf blower held back about 2'. It did the trick. I'll have to look into the covers for them, but still am curious what, if anything can be used on the rear covers.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!! Always nice to see boats getting good treatment. The rev 10 covers sure help a lot. I've wrapped them in prewrap for long trips before. It's a shrink wrap specific product but I imagine saran wrap would do the same thing while trailering if the bugs are really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                    Looks great!! Always nice to see boats getting good treatment. The rev 10 covers sure help a lot. I've wrapped them in prewrap for long trips before. It's a shrink wrap specific product but I imagine saran wrap would do the same thing while trailering if the bugs are really bad.
                    I wrap my whole tower when I drag my boat over to banks lake. The mountain passes and the all the bugs going through the farm lands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my REV-8 speaker covers from Chpthril. They work great at keeping speakers clean and go on/off very easy and do not scratch the speakers.

Comment

Working...
                      X