so i’ve got a 2018 rzx3 and 10 50lb leadwake bags to play with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(pnp 550s. 460 raptor, 17” dia, 16 pitch prop)

where do the rzx3’s generally run their lead?

Can you achieve a clean lip and switch between regular and goofy sides with 100% ballast?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Others will chime in, no doubt, but to get things started it sounds like those running lead are putting several hundred in the bow and being done. I've been wondering what the effects of running a few hundred in the rear surf locker would do? I don't believe you will get a clean lip on both sides while running 100% everything. I think that's the RZX2 specialty.

Comment

If you have PnP in the rear then running lead back there is a waste as the Rzx only likes so much rear locker weight. I would run most of my weight midship in the lockers if it were me. 250-300 in the bow and then 700 mid ship is what I would do......with PNP full.
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
        If you have PnP in the rear then running lead back there is a waste as the Rzx only likes so much rear locker weight. I would run most of my weight midship in the lockers if it were me. 250-300 in the bow and then 700 mid ship is what I would do......with PNP full.
        sounds good...will try that this weekend- im thinking about sneaking some lead in the center locker as well. searching for a long medium height wave with a ramp and something we can use for a transfer with out minimal ballast adjustment.

Comment

We run a VERY small crew - frequently two adults and the surfer. That said we have 200lbs lead in the bow anchor compartment and 250lbs in each rear locker. The rear lockers have the lead bags as far back as possible. We run PnP and 100% full ballast, surf 10.8-12mph with Surf Tab at 5 and taps 2 at 3. That's for the experienced surfers. Tabs are 3 and 3 for less experienced riders. With a larger crew we dump some ballast. You need to play and see what works best for your gang. Have fun!

Comment

If yall take your lead and center it up mid cabin, trust me when I say you will be surprised. That boat to get the longest biggest wave possible needs to be sunk straight down with very little use of the the taps 2 plate. Get the boat set correctly weight wise so that the running attitude is correct meaning you dont need to leverage the hull back out of the water via taps 2. Get all that set correctly and you might be amazed at the results...
            Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
              If yall take your lead and center it up mid cabin, trust me when I say you will be surprised. That boat to get the longest biggest wave possible needs to be sunk straight down with very little use of the the taps 2 plate. Get the boat set correctly weight wise so that the running attitude is correct meaning you dont need to leverage the hull back out of the water via taps 2. Get all that set correctly and you might be amazed at the results...
              interesting

Comment

I tried all centered up lead but had to go to 60% ballast on the starboard side when riding regular to clean the wave. 5/3 was the best taps3/taps2 setting for our preference with somewhere around 11.4mph which was fairly tall, medium long wave. That seems consistent with what im hearing.

Here’s the trouble-it was was impossible to do a transfer without the rope assist. the wash on the top half of the wave on the transfer side was unridable no matter how we set the ballast or which side we were transferring to.

I did some market research and rode a nautique g23 and a malibu m235 and transfer waves were effortless with dead even weight, if anything on those, for best results I’d use a single leadwake bag to clean up, or nothing.

I checked tige’s website and they have some footage of transfers with a pro surfing the rzx3 and fair enough, you can see its not super perfect on the transfer side, but still totally rideable (after the transfer they cut to a rebalasted cleaned up wave) but i can’t seem to achieve anywhere close to what is on the video.

Checked with some other rzx3 guys here and their settings were 750 pnps, 80% on starboard side 100% ballast everywhere else, 400lbs lead under the flip seat, 4/4 on taps and 2 people on the port bench. When i tried this i found a monster tall wave, but still had to move 300lbs of my leadwake weight to the port side to clean the top of the wave even with three folks on the port bench.

The 20 engine hrs are up so before any more troubleshooting, i’ll get my actuators, ballast connections, etc checked out.

here is the regular wave- totally legit (but if i switch to goofy on this setting it is 100% wash)

Comment

Shade,

You're offloading too much offside weight to be able to expect to transfer. I transfer mine more regularly these days and its a freakin blast. Shoot me a text and ill send ya my setup. You're overthinking this whole added weight deal. RZX3 surfs out of the box. PNP helps and lead helps a little more, but then its just overweighted. Talk soon.
                  -Brandon Lucas
                  Houston, Tx

Comment

Originally posted by BLucas86 View Post
                    Shade,

You're offloading too much offside weight to be able to expect to transfer. I transfer mine more regularly these days and its a freakin blast. Shoot me a text and ill send ya my setup. You're overthinking this whole added weight deal. RZX3 surfs out of the box. PNP helps and lead helps a little more, but then its just overweighted. Talk soon.
                    Hey shade can you send a picture of your wake

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

even weight 100% full, all lead centered

Comment

Something must be up. What’s your taps at?

Comment

Originally posted by ski_antique View Post

even weight 100% full, all lead centered

This is my wake only with stock ballast and 400 pnp

I already have a problem with a leaking sac under the floor tige chage it on the warranty

Comment

Originally posted by ericjolicoeur300 View Post

This is my wake only with stock ballast and 400 pnp

I already have a problem with a leaking sac under the floor tige chage it on the warranty

All taps down

Comment

If you cant get a clean wave from that hull with stock weight then you have to pump the breaks with just slamming it to the max. Get the boat perfect without PNP etc then add to the equation. It wont be linear......in terms of weight added. That hull will rip a wave as clean as a Z it just needs to be sunk a certain way and I dont think every boat is the same. If we had inclinometers it would be more simple, but we dont on the dash anymore. Dont settle for a big mass/ big push wave that has a face that looks like hot garbage. Take the time and get it right then bury it.

Another thing that everyone needs to do is to bring the power on slow....... Taps3 just does not want to function with bigger weight and hammering the throttle down.... I wish I had a fix for this but I dont currently.

I would get a super butter clean face etc first. Find the happy spot per say then add in increments from that point..

The pic below isnt to show size, its to show how the hull will put out a super clean wave if sunk correctly...

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 4.45.30 PM.jpg

This is a shot of that same wave just diff angle.

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 4.59.26 PM.jpg
                              Attached Files
                              Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                              X