Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigé rzx 2016 more weight

Hey guys I’m new here

I have a questions for you I have a tigé rzx 2016 with the 440 6.2 L are you guys running the stock ballast or you had extra weight in the boat

I have 4000 pounds of ballast but my boat doesn’t come as low in the water has I see in the video of wake 9 of the tigé rzx 2016

And the wake looks so big the video people look like the are surfing 20´ of the boat

Is there other set up prop/weight that we can use

Here is the video : https://youtu.be/rNPU9A_fhjU

Thanks for your answer

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Tell us what your taps settings are at. From what I remember reading you want to be 9 degrees bow high and 5-6 degrees listed to your surf side.

There is a thread in place already with some great info. Just search your boat model.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      Tell us what your taps settings are at. From what I remember reading you want to be 9 degrees bow high and 5-6 degrees listed to your surf side.

There is a thread in place already with some great info. Just search your boat model.
      I’m riding full ballast and taps at 1 at 11mph

Comment

I dont recall the RZX coming with 4K stock ballast, so whats the distribution of that 4K? also, sounds like the boat does not have TAPS-3? Does it have the AVX?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          I dont recall the RZX coming with 4K stock ballast, so whats the distribution of that 4K? also, sounds like the boat does not have TAPS-3? Does it have the AVX?
          It comes with 3000 stock but I had in the plug and play 500 in each rear storage so total of 4000

And yes it comes with the taps 3

Comment

rears full, pnp full, bow full (belly) 300 lbs of lead in the bow. Taps 3 at 1-4 and taps 2 2-4. Speed 11.2-12.5
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
              rears full, pnp full, bow full (belly) 300 lbs of lead in the bow. Taps 3 at 1-4 and taps 2 2-4. Speed 11.2-12.5
              Do you have a picture of your wake

Comment

Man that’s a lot of ballast. I want one

Comment

https://youtu.be/PBfBnB_ZISA
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

the video above was with the factory 3k only, no lead and no pnp.
                    Germaine Marine

Comment

The best wake we got from the RZX was with full stock ballast, full pnp in the rear lockers, about 200 lbs of lead in the bow as far forward as possible. So we had 2 versions of PNP sacks. The first ones we had and the ones in that review video you are pointing to were 550 each. We were testing those for tige. In the end, tige didn't want to go with that much weight and then went to 400 PNP in each rear side. IMO 400 was ok only if you had a lot of people in the boat. So since we had a lot of people asking us for help, we swapped out our 550s for the stock PNPs. We didn't like it so we added 150 lbs of lead in each rear locker with the 400 PNP bags. So that is about 500 lbs of lead total.

Our speed was always 11.2 - 11.8 and sometimes faster but the RZX didn't seem to like slower than 11.2 with that weight. We played with taps 3 but in the end felt it was the most consistent always all the way down. As far as list, the boat has a cut in the wave from the corner notch in the hull, you just list til that cut goes away. Its about 2-3 degrees on the regular side and 5-7 on the goofy side. You need to lower opposite side to like 60% in rear to get the list to clean the wave. Taps 2 from 2-5 or so.

Some additional notes:

- More than 200 lbs of lead in the bow felt a bit sketchy to me on busier days, the RZX bow would drop down pretty far and it was tougher to keep the bow dry when surfing with others.
                      - If you follow the above tips and still feel like you are not getting close, you need to inspect your ballast system. First, make sure when you fill the ballast, you don't stop until they vent out, that is when its full, don't trust the timer based measurements. One reason this happens is that many times the tige pumps are not pumping water for some time after you switch them on, they don't always prime all the way, so keep them running until they leak. If they never leak, you may have to manually prime the pump.
                      - Another common issue was that the bags can get bunched up where they are. If this happens, they will leak and overfill but you don't get the wake because they are venting BEFORE they are full due to them being bunched up. The only solution to this is to remove covers for the 4 ballast bags and then fill and check them and unbunch them if necessary. Once you unbunch them they usually stay good, but I did have them rebunch up again a couple of times over the year and many hours of use. If I was keeping that boat for more than a year, I would have worked out a way to put in some type of plexiglass windows into those ballast areas so that you could visually inspect. We kept tools in our boat so that we could quickly remove the tops and inspect when needed.

Keep in mind, we are nuts, and we would notice if the wave was off by just a couple of hundred pounds and we always wanted it at 100%. When everything is set properly, it makes a great wave. ;-)
                      http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                        The best wake we got from the RZX was with full stock ballast, full pnp in the rear lockers, about 200 lbs of lead in the bow as far forward as possible. So we had 2 versions of PNP sacks. The first ones we had and the ones in that review video you are pointing to were 550 each. We were testing those for tige. In the end, tige didn't want to go with that much weight and then went to 400 PNP in each rear side. IMO 400 was ok only if you had a lot of people in the boat. So since we had a lot of people asking us for help, we swapped out our 550s for the stock PNPs. We didn't like it so we added 150 lbs of lead in each rear locker with the 400 PNP bags. So that is about 500 lbs of lead total.

Our speed was always 11.2 - 11.8 and sometimes faster but the RZX didn't seem to like slower than 11.2 with that weight. We played with taps 3 but in the end felt it was the most consistent always all the way down. As far as list, the boat has a cut in the wave from the corner notch in the hull, you just list til that cut goes away. Its about 2-3 degrees on the regular side and 5-7 on the goofy side. You need to lower opposite side to like 60% in rear to get the list to clean the wave. Taps 2 from 2-5 or so.

Some additional notes:

- More than 200 lbs of lead in the bow felt a bit sketchy to me on busier days, the RZX bow would drop down pretty far and it was tougher to keep the bow dry when surfing with others.
                        - If you follow the above tips and still feel like you are not getting close, you need to inspect your ballast system. First, make sure when you fill the ballast, you don't stop until they vent out, that is when its full, don't trust the timer based measurements. One reason this happens is that many times the tige pumps are not pumping water for some time after you switch them on, they don't always prime all the way, so keep them running until they leak. If they never leak, you may have to manually prime the pump.
                        - Another common issue was that the bags can get bunched up where they are. If this happens, they will leak and overfill but you don't get the wake because they are venting BEFORE they are full due to them being bunched up. The only solution to this is to remove covers for the 4 ballast bags and then fill and check them and unbunch them if necessary. Once you unbunch them they usually stay good, but I did have them rebunch up again a couple of times over the year and many hours of use. If I was keeping that boat for more than a year, I would have worked out a way to put in some type of plexiglass windows into those ballast areas so that you could visually inspect. We kept tools in our boat so that we could quickly remove the tops and inspect when needed.

Keep in mind, we are nuts, and we would notice if the wave was off by just a couple of hundred pounds and we always wanted it at 100%. When everything is set properly, it makes a great wave. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post

Some additional notes:

Ok thanks for the answer

So you guys had a extra 500lbs 200 on front of the boat ant 300 in the pnp

In the video where you see the tige sign at the end of the boat he his completely in the water and when i look at my sign picture and video the doesn’t touch the water lollll

Even if the Ballast or full

I always keep them on until the water his coming out

Comment

Working...
                          X