Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'05 24V Carpet

Hey Guys,

I am absolutly done with carpet in the boat. I have looked into a couple of different types of flooring and I like the Seadek style. The only issue is if under the carpet is not finished (Gel Coated) it wouldnt look good. Has anyone with a boat around my year replaced their carpet? If so was the floors finished?
    When you push yourself you may expose yourself to more risk but you also expose yourself to the joys of really living.

Cant answer the question about what is under the carpet, tho I think I remember threads saying its not finished under carpet.

What I was gonna say...is check out Aqua Marine in GA, great customer service with quick response and prices were cheaper than quotes i got from SeaDeck and GatorStep but looks like exact same stuff/quality, just a smaller company. They have website and you can order template kit if they dont already have your boat onfile even tho they still send you a kit to verify fitment, something to check into as a option anyway.

Comment

It is not gelcoated under the carpet. It is resin coated and it is not perfectly smooth.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Take a look at these threads for some ideas. I like the tile clad idea to smooth things up.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...highlight=Moss

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ight=Tile+clad

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...dence-Flooring

Comment

Just so happened to start on this same project this weekend with my 05 24v. Planning to do all myself with Seadek, but still a little stumped on what to do with the base flooring now that I have the carpet up.

Its definitely not 'finished' under the carpet, and the hatch bracket is bolted directly to the flooring so there is a transition issue as you can see in the pictures.

Tile Clad mentioned on one of those threads seems like a good way to build up the flooring thickness and smooth things out for the deck material...it will need something!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Xxplosive; 03-19-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xxplosive View Post
            Just so happened to start on this same project this weekend with my 05 24v. Planning to do all myself with Seadek, but still a little stumped on what to do with the base flooring now that I have the carpet up.

Its definitely not 'finished' under the carpet, and the hatch bracket is bolted directly to the flooring so there is a transition issue as you can see in the pictures.

Tile Clad mentioned on one of those threads seems like a good way to build up the flooring thickness and smooth things out for the deck material...it will need something!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
            The unfinished floor is an issue for sure. Maybe do a custom install where the new seadeck type flooring is cut to the same shape as the carpet pieces for full coverage? The uneven floor may not cooperate tho. It may cause issues with adhesion too. Maybe the resin is sandable?

On a side note... I looked at removing the fuel tank in my 22v last summer to make a repair to one of my tracking fin mounts and was stumped by the fact that the tank mounting brackets were larger than the hatch bracket. Had me scratching my head wondering how the factory mounted the tank in the first place. The photo is very helpful as I wasn’t sure how the hatch bracket was mounted and there’s no way I can see that fuel tank coming out otherwise. Thanks for the pic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I just did this, I would be happy to help with any questions.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t-build-thread!

Comment

What about miners moss? Just an idea. I personally like the feel of it on my feet. It isn't exactly pretty but it feels good on the feet, could cover the entire floor and you wouldn't have to do anything to the current floor.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

I was looking at Aqua-Deck marine a little while back from http://www.commercialmatsandrubber.c...ck-marine-mats.
                  Was going to get lime for previous boat, you can request a sample as well.
                  They have Aqua soft in a couple colors and Aqua deck with 23 colors and many sizes to choose from and cut to fit.
                  Prices on web site also.

aqua-soft-color-chart.jpg

Comment

Reviving this. Just got a 2004 24v and the carpet is detaching from the wood. My floor is just wood that has carpet glued to it. Is there something I can do to the wood to strengthen/protect it before I replace the carpet?

Comment

Working...
                    X