Rudolph stole my red bow light on my 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudolph stole my red bow light on my 22ve

My green light works, red light doesn't.
    I assume I need to purchase a whole new bow light. Is there a direct replacement for this? It is a 2008 22ve.

Can anyone verify Rudolphs whereabouts approx. 2 months ago?

Traditional mount or shark eye? Likely a bulb if its the shark eye lights. Most traditional use a single bulb and colored lens. I'd go an LED bulb.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had that on my '09 22Ve. It wasn't the bulb, but the wire routing for that side (port) sucked (thanks Tige) and the weight of the wiring loom pulled the wire off the back of the socket. Can't remember exactly the problem/fix, but I did take some plastic ties and supported the wiring up after fixing the problem.

Comment

It is the LED style mounted on top of the bow. Green light comes on but not the red.
        So maybe a loose wire feeding the red side socket?
        I'll check it in the morning.

Sorry for falsely accusing Rudolph. I always thought he was a pretty good reindeer. ��

Comment

20171226_100723.jpg
          Took light apart and it appears that wires are molded into plastic housing, one red and one black. It appears it wouldn't be possible to check connections to the red side of the light without destroying light completely.
          Am I correct in thinking that one wire is a power and the other the ground and not one feed to red and one feed to green?
          I assume I need to order new light? Recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammertime View Post
            [ATTACH]47367[/ATTACH]
            Took light apart and it appears that wires are molded into plastic housing, one red and one black. It appears it wouldn't be possible to check connections to the red side of the light without destroying light completely.
            Am I correct in thinking that one wire is a power and the other the ground and not one feed to red and one feed to green?
            I assume I need to order new light? Recommendations?
            I'm not going to be able to help, my navigation lights aren't LEDs (MY09). Maybe yours is a later year, or someone swapped them to LED?

My issue was the wires to the socket, pulled out from the weight of the wires bouncing and not supported.

Comment

The whole assembly only needs a switched B+ and B- to turn on both the red and green together. Two wires support this. Im not sure what model light Tige was using, but sealed (non-serviceable) seems odd but not out of the question. Most have two colored lenses and a single changeable bulb.

They are rather inexpensive for a whole new light and the newer ones are LED for sure, and is a rather easy install to swap out.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Looks like just power and ground feeding both colors. Does the assembly come apart any more? LEDs are pretty resilient so if one is working and the other isn’t my bet would be you’ll need to replace the unit as a whole. On the positive side, you’re already halfway there!

Comment

Working...
                X