Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pondering old school Tige's wakesurfing performance (ahead of their time models)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pondering old school Tige's wakesurfing performance (ahead of their time models)

Curious peoples experience with two of my favorite older models performance for wakesurfing.

First one - 1995 to 1999 2200V. This is the boat the 21v was built from. No spray pockets, hull shape like today's Tige's and a massive boat for its time. Deep freeboard like no other Tige models at the time. When it was built, its size comparison was a lot like the Z3 to the RZX3. Remember Tige was heavy into 2200is (2150), 2100i's, 20ci's and even the 2002slm models. My opinion, way ahead of its time and I think would still hold its own with new boats that are out today. Biggest downer is the 96" beam.

Second one - 22i (G boat) '00 to '11 - I believe the spray pockets were removed after 2004. V hull, 102" beam, 800lbs of steel ballast right in the middle of the boat. Has the potential to hold a lot of weight in the rear corners and has the same bow section as the 21v.

What have y'all seen with these two models over the years?
    Oh Yeah!

22i, 22v and 24v started in 2003.

Are you looking for an old epic surf boat?

I always loved the look of the 2200v. But it would need some work, but I think it could be a wave machine.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Just to be clear. Not the 22v that was built after the 21v. The original V hull from Tige, the 2200v.
      733582.jpg

Not looking, just more discussing. I figured eventually I would pick up a 2200v though. One giant back hatch that used electric actuators to lift it.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

I had an electric giant hatch on a boat and it was terrible, if the battery was dead, you couldn't lift the engine to get to the batteries! Genius

The 2200v looks like an awesome boat.
        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

We started surfing in a 2000 22i. I didn't know enough at the time to really get it dialed in but I remember it had a decent wave for sure (at least in my mind it was good ). We upgraded the next year to the 22v...

I believe NickyPoo on here has an older model 22i that has some serious upgrades - I believe his wave is pretty good...

I'll see if I can find some old pics of our 22i wave.

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
            We started surfing in a 2000 22i. I didn't know enough at the time to really get it dialed in but I remember it had a decent wave for sure (at least in my mind it was good ). We upgraded the next year to the 22v...

I believe NickyPoo on here has an older model 22i that has some serious upgrades - I believe his wave is pretty good...

I'll see if I can find some old pics of our 22i wave.
            Zero reason to go 22i unless you still love to waterski.

Comment

I dunno, but next summer I'll let you know how the 01 23v does
              It threw a very respectable wave at the end of this summer with very little weight and my stainless surf gates at the rear. Once I trim the surf platform and add a metric ****-ton of ballast we will see how it holds with the newer boats. I'm very optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                Zero reason to go 22i unless you still love to waterski.
                That's the thing with the 22i (G was the designator), it wasn't a ski boat hull, it was a V hull like the current V drive boats.
                231271.jpg

23V is a great boat. It had spray pockets but the 2200v didn't which allowed for a wider trailing edge in the water.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

I had a 98 2200V. Loved that boat. Such a great and versatile hull. It actually surfs pretty well. We just filled the back locker (I believe about 750 pounds). It surfed my kids great.

We didn't fiddle with it much but I am sure you could get a very respectable wave with it.

I'll send a link/pics later. I'm kinda stuck in Puerto Rico at the moment and bandwidth is an issue in locations.

Comment

If I had this info when we bought our 21V I probably would have been seeking a 2200V...although that would have meant outside storage for it. Its amazing what you learn and pick up over the years about the brand on this forum.

Comment

IMG_7465.jpg

Vimeo link. About 2 seconds of a 5 min ride.

https://vimeo.com/238686906
                      Last edited by Bakes5; 10-18-2017, 12:32 AM.

Comment

6224792175_4005da6c7a_o.jpg

Plus it just looks awesome with a full combat load

Comment

That is awesome Bakes! Very rare boat. I think 200 or so were built. It was a little ahead of its time. I still love that interior to this day. Simple, covered everything and like a big fluffy couch. One of these years I will pick one up to fiddle with.
                          Oh Yeah!

Comment

I sure thought there was one for sale in Lubbock not to long ago, but I couldn't find it now...

I'll have to keep my eye out - with our new gig, I had probably 50 people trying to sell me their boats this summer...

Comment

1999 2100i with 1300lbs ballast allowed Brad (TheGerman) and Jenn to go wireless as well as myself (6'7" 255lbs). Hull design is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY different than any other model and if this boat was bigger with more storage I wouldn't be buying a 24v. But alas, the family is still growing... Also, this hull will teach you how to properly stop and turn when a rider falls. If you have a problem punching waves with your bow, re-examine your technique or come for a ride in my lily pad:-)
                              Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                              X