End of the season cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the season cleanup

What products to use for cleaning the hull after the season in the water? I am planning to use a pressure washer, but I am not sure that it will clean everything without chemicals. I use to clean my previous boat regularly after coming from the lake and it was not much stuff build up on it, but this one is staying at the marina for the whole season.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Vinegar works great to clean of water spots and build up. Wax good after. Upholstery cleaner and follow with vinyl preservative.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Along these lines do any of you guys spray any engines parts, etc to help their longevity?

Comment

This!!! The gel version in the white spray bottle is so much better than the other kind.
        918435D2-E573-4DE6-AEAE-29F5174A744B.jpg

Once the hull is white again. A good cut polish with mezerna wax and then throw on a sealant to shine it up. Along with babes spray wax throughout the season

Comment

They make a spray for the motor to keepit from rusting. It coats the motor. I have been using the foam tire dressing on mine. Works great and keeps it looking new.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If the scaling is really bad and the vinegar wont work you can use CLR and that has worked well on some really bad scaling for me.

Comment

I use Sea Spots Gone, it works really well on gel coat and chrome without much work.

http://spankysrvonline.com/023963040326.html

Comment

LysolTBC.jpg
                Works awesome. 2 bucks a bottle.

Comment

1/2 muriatic acid and 1/2 water. That'll clean off all the pond scum and water spots real quick.

Spray it on, rub with a long handle brush, rinse and rinse and rinse.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamest View Post
                    [ATTACH]46941[/ATTACH]
                    Works awesome. 2 bucks a bottle.
                    ^ THIS! Originally was going to use it to get off the nasty from 1 week in Old Hickory Lake. Didnt realize how bad the sun and elements had turned my white boat, yellow. Now I have the pleasure of doing this above the rubrail

Comment

My boat sits in the water all season, and I have tried nearly everything off the shelf, toilet bowl cleaner, muriatic acid etc... The best I have found is CRC (Canada at Royal Distributing or boat store) or Mary Kate On & Off Bottom Boat Cleaner http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/maryk...bottom-cleaner
                      There is virtually no scrubbing required, the yellow turns white right before your eyes. One Caution however is that you need safety glasses, mask and gloves!

Comment

Working...
                      X