SUP Surfing behind a Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUP Surfing behind a Tige

While surfing around the net I came across this video. Most of it was shot using a Tige.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/13694...er_id=player_1
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Not Stirring the pot but that is one of Mastercraft's "surf" models and that video gives multiple sidexside views of surf waves and it looks as if there is no comparison to me.

Comment

I need to give this a go. Looks like it would be fun to play around with.

Comment

Super cool. That MC wave is garbage.

Comment

Just like any boat, if the person operating and setting up is clueless, then the wave sucks. Regardless of brand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Nice video. You can tell the Tige is more listed than the MC. You gotta do what you gotta do for that primo wave. I've always liked those MC observer seats on the back. PIMP!!

Comment

I actually have a SUP ATX board there are local to me here in SoCal. My girl is pressing me to bring it to the reunion this year so I may have to throw it in the boat and give this a go.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                I actually have a SUP ATX board there are local to me here in SoCal. My girl is pressing me to bring it to the reunion this year so I may have to throw it in the boat and give this a go.
                I knew someone else would see the fun in trying it. The Master Craft wave is s**t compared to the Tige. Look close, it's rough and washed out. The Tige is smooth and clean with a defined lip. Does someone recognize the model?
                Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

That looks like a fun time.

Safety Police alert: At least the blonde was smart enough to wear a life vest. Freak things happen with water sports and on lakes, and any brief period of being unconscious is pretty much a death sentence once you sink to the bottom of the lake. Not to mention 2 boats close to each other, 2 surfers, 10+ foot long surfboards, and a paddle all in the mix. The odds are rare, but what chance would you take with your life?
                  Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                    Bet you won't!!

Comment

I was going to pick a foamy up at Costco to try but they were out when I drove my truck...

Comment

We picked up a foam 7'2 board from amazon and we love it. Everyone rides it and we can go tandem and we don't have to be careful about dings cause it's foam. Probably one of the best board purchases for us so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice... X2 on the safety concern Larry.. as you know that rarely do people preach safety.. throw some drinks in the mix and the cameras/drone(s) and it is an incident waiting to happen... there is a lot going on there and all it takes is one faux pas... Sadly people never learn until they experience a tragedy IMO... I am just as guilty as I have made dumb decisions as well... However I guess I have been lucky. Still a cool video and a nice Tigé to boot! Sorry MasterCrap.. your driver didn't do the wave justice! Def wanna try a paddle board behind a boat now! Great way for beginners to get their first surf thrill and almost effortlessly from what it looks like.

Comment

Been surfing SUP's behind our boat for several years now. We don't use them for single riders... we put up to 5-6 people on them at one time. Great group activity and really teaches teamwork!

This works really well behind our Tige, but is almost impossible (at least to go ropeless) behind our friend's Centurion. The waves behind different boats ARE different, no matter what people might say.

Comment

Ill have SUP for the reunion.... should make for some neat footage....
                              Germaine Marine
                              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                              X