Norris Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norris Lake

Hey guys, about to head down to Norris for a week. Last month we were at Dale Hollow for a week and someone down there mentioned that there were reports of the whatever "mussels" that everyone is afraid of spreading.....any truth to these rumors? If so, do I need to do anything special to the boat prior to putting her in? She will be in the water for a week without a lift if that matters...

zebra mussels. you will be fine leaving your boat in the water for a week.

Comment

Nothing that will ever bother the boat, so no worries there. The issue is, what are you taking from your normal lake to Norris, and then what you will now take back to your normal lake from Norris.

I think the best practice is to have the boat, bilge and all water holding tanks, completely dry prior to launching. Some claim that a hot water bath or even a sanitizing solution will kill them. I think this is done at some lakes that work hard at preventing the spread.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My normal lake(s) are in southern Ohio and I have never seen a cleaning station at any of them. Is the solution something I can buy online and do myself with a fake a lake and pouring some of the solution into the bags after the fact?

Comment

I think they just use bleach.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You can run hot water or water bleach mix if you want. Honestly I doubt you'll have an issue. I've never have.

Comment

Working...
            X