2007 Rz2 purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Rz2 purchase

I am looking at purchasing a used rz2. Roughly 480 hours and price seems very reasonable. Condition is also good. I would really like the boat for surfing and boarding. Can I please get some comments on if the boat with factory ballast will be good enough for surfing and I would like opinions on the rz2 in general. Good and bad. Thanks

I’ll say this straight out. Factory ballast won’t be enough for surfing. Buddy of mine has a 22ve and he needs at least 900 in the rears and the wave is unreal.
    For older boats the rz2, 22 and 24ve are the best out there for surfing

Comment

Definitely gonna need more weight in the boat than the stock setup offers. Bsreid us on the money about the potential being there. They make great wakeboarding boats too. What's the asking price on it?

Comment

I have an 08 I add extra weight. I don't have it fisled in yet, just bought it a couple months ago.
        I out 750 in port locker but the bag is not ment for this locker so I may get 600. Then I have a 400 that is under the port seat. I a lso fill the bow all the way, along with the factory tank on port. Fill strarbord Sid about half.
        So yes extra weight will be needed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
        15 Escalade ESV-Black
        08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

I have a 2013 with the Surf Ballast and the Convex vx. I am sure there is some difference in the size ballast i have and that model year. In my opinion its was the best all around boat until they started coming out with the new RZ series, which is them going off of the RZ2. I have had 2 people surfing at once with only 4 people in boat. I will say my year loves weight in the bow if you want a long wave. The taller you want the wave put weight in the back. When surfing port our wave is best around 11 to 11.2. Starboard it is 10.6 to 10.8. This is always going to change pending weight in boat. I dont think there is a difference in the hull, but i do know the Convex vx was not offered then. I am sure someone will chime in to tell you if there is a difference, but I love the wave of our boat.

Comment

How does the resale value of the rz2 hold up? I am purchasing it for 36k. What shows on Nada as average retail. Is it a good deal? Or am I paying too much? Is the 480 hours a concern, if not how much life can I expect out of the Engine?

Comment

Also if I'm going to add ballast how much can I expect this to cost and where can I purchase the sacs

Comment

#1 thing to do for the best wave is get a suck gate (I use a Mission Delta) then add as much weight as your comfortable with (I have 1450lbs per side in the back & 800 in bow, 400 each side) and I run everything full, or close to with the suck gate (total of 3700lbs) and the wave is awesome. Everything is plumbed in and in the rear locker so no one see's any extra bags lying around + its a touch button system which is nice. Call Mike at Mikes Liquid Audio for specific weight options on your year specifically (I have a 14 w/vx) and he'll guide you down the right path as I'm sure there is a sweet spot with how much weight for each year and model as things like swim platform will affect your wave a lot different then boats with VX but again Mike will help you with all of that. #1 advice - spend the $ on doing the weight right in 1 shot, don't try to piece everything together! Do it right the 1st time and you'll have years of fun on the water with your family and friends, its worth every cent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fros0080 View Post
                  Also if I'm going to add ballast how much can I expect this to cost and where can I purchase the sacs
                  If your a hands on guy its really not that big of a deal to add ballast. On mine the front sac was upgraded to a bigger one by the previous owner but it still uses the factory pumps for the fill and drain. The back is a little more tricky as the batteries and Taps pump are back there. Some people (myself included) move that stuff to behind the engine and pull out the factory hard tanks to open things up all the way to the transom. That way there is lots of room for big bags. And you'll probably need a different prop if you want to add lots of weight. And the factory swim platform is way too big and cuts into the wave so you might want to cut it down or get a different one. There are a few guys on the forum that can tell you what all that will cost, maybe they'll chime in an help you out.

I've been pretty happy with my 07. Its been a good boat and puts out a pretty decent wave without much effort. It can get really big with LOTS of weight if your comfortable with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fros0080 View Post
                    How does the resale value of the rz2 hold up? I am purchasing it for 36k. What shows on Nada as average retail. Is it a good deal? Or am I paying too much? Is the 480 hours a concern, if not how much life can I expect out of the Engine?
                    That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. 480 hours isn't that much. People tend to get hung up on hours when in reality with proper maintenance there's no reason it won't run for thousands of hours. There are obviously lots of other variables that affect the price point, shape of the vinyl, gelcoat, added accessories, etc... got any pics of it?

Comment

Sounds like reasonable price if in good shape. That is nothing for hours and in my opinion is low for a 2007....average of less than 50yr. That means tho it was at least used and didn't sit around for years which is harder on a boat than using it. If you buy...be sure to change impeller and fluids right away unless you have conclusive proof it was just done. Still check them either way

Comment

That boat makes a good wave. Will need ballast. As far as price it is good. How is the upholstery? I have a 2007 24Ve with almost 1100 hours on it. I have had very little problems and the engine still run excellent. When we go out it is usually for hours at a time if not all day. WE never shut the engine down so we cruise around some but most of the time it is pulling some one surfing or wake boarding. The engine if maintained will run for thousands of hours. The average use is between 50 to 100 hours a year some less,
                        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Working...
                        X