Maybe another upgrade..... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe another upgrade..... :)

So.....thinking about another upgrade and trying to use what I have and maybe only add 1 new amp if possible.

Current setup.
    Tower - 2 rev10s and 2 rev8s
    In boats - 6 xs650s and 2 xs808s
    Sub - xs12 with ported enclosure.
    Amps - syndx4 for the rev 10s. Syndx6 for the sub and rev8s. And syndx6 for all in boats.

I'm thinking of swapping out the rev8s to rev10s, and adding another matching xs12 in the main locker and making some sort of port to the cabin...

Thoughts on what 4 amps to run? And if this sounds like a good setup? I don't think the custom box would be the best fit the xxx12? Would it be better to upgrade to that and keep one single sub? I know I won't be able or want to redo the box size or style. It wasn't fun.

Any thoughts?

Comment

An xxxV2 and xs-12 can be run in the same enclosure.

Venting as phase issue need to be addressed before placing a 2nd woofer and placing it in an insulated locker.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The biggest part of this hinges on the woofer direction. You could swap the rev-8 to rev-10 keep them wired to one of the syn-dx6 and retune. You could replace an amp and go with the Syn-DX2.3HP for both pair of Rev-10.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I looked up the specs on both the syndx4 and 6 and couldn't I just leave the exact setup? Since the snydx4 gives 400 to each on 1 pair and the syndx6 bridged channels 1 through 4 gives 400 to each as well. So just pull the 8s put the new 10s up and re-adjust the settings?

Comment

Which is what you just stated above...duh...but is that correct 400 to each speaker then?

Comment

Working...
            X