custom taps plate or re-do swim platform? 14' RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom taps plate or re-do swim platform? 14' RZ2

I have a great wave but would like to get rid of a line/seem that forms at the top of the wave (14" RZ2) and I know a couple people sell their custom TAPS plate (looking for opinions) but I'm also curious if the swim platform is causing this line. So my question is which would be the 1st option if I can only do 1?

Originally posted by Robmc9 View Post
    I have a great wave but would like to get rid of a line/seem that forms at the top of the wave (14" RZ2) and I know a couple people sell their custom TAPS plate (looking for opinions) but I'm also curious if the swim platform is causing this line. So my question is which would be the 1st option if I can only do 1?
    I know 18cracing sells the custom taps plates and he used to have the same boat I am pretty sure and his wave was great so hopefully he chimes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spend a little extra and go Taps 3 retrofit.

Hit me up on PM if your interested
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Do you have the Vx? I am pretty sure the line is from the gap between the Vx and the platform. I don't see how a TAPS plate would fix that.

line.jpg

The easy fix is to list the boat a bit to the surf side and it goes away. See the tail end of my video here:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef0Db_l9OdE

If you don't want to list at all, I would suggest finding a way to fill in the gap between the Vx and the platform.

Comment

Working...
        X