Thinking really hard on trading up from 2016 rz2 to dealer demo rzx2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking really hard on trading up from 2016 rz2 to dealer demo rzx2

I love my boat it's only got 78 hours and am very happy with the wave. Installed fae and new prob with some lead and it's Awsome.

I have not surfed an rzx2 and will need to, but I'm really considering the trade up.

Boat has 400 raptor 1.5 to 1 trans and has pnp already. It's jammed as it's a demo. Anyone care to comment....

Not looking to talk dollars just boat to boat and the feeling zx owners have about the quality of the wave vs the older boats.

Other thought is to go to the rzx3 which is new.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not go rzx2 with the 400 without the 2-1........ too much boat for the 400.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I sold my Rz2 and have my RZX2 now and I'm running a 440 with standard transmission and it works really well.
      surf till u die.

Comment

How much will a guy gain in the wake/wave dept going from a RZ2 to the RZX2? I'm starting to think of an upgrade in the next year or two as well.

Comment

You are getting a pretty big upgrade.....
          Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
            I would not go rzx2 with the 400 without the 2-1........ too much boat for the 400.
            I guess but when I looked at the Dyno charts for the 400 and 440 it was pretty clear they were almost the same until very high rpm.

Having just discovered what a prop can do... current boat I'm sure it can't be that big of a deal with the 400.

Anyone else have an rzx2 running the 400?

Comment

Did you look at the specific year you are looking at or where you going off someone's published dyno chart from god knows when?

Indmar has tweaked every year.

I don't think the torque numbers were the same motor to motor from the jump. Without the 2-1 that's what's you are going to need. Torque. There isn't enough clearance with the 1.5-1 to really run a monster prop..... I've been in both day in and day out, I'm telling you Before you spend the money, go weight one heavy and tell me what you think...

Germaine Marine

Comment

Would hate for you to spend the cheddar and then regret it...

Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by robricketts View Post
                  I guess but when I looked at the Dyno charts for the 400 and 440 it was pretty clear they were almost the same until very high rpm.

Having just discovered what a prop can do... current boat I'm sure it can't be that big of a deal with the 400.

Anyone else have an rzx2 running the 400?

Hi Rob

I'm running a 2017 RZX2 with a 400 Raptor with the 1:5:1.

It has 500 pnp in each locker with an additional 700 lbs of lead wake bags that I have just added.

I think the 400 is really struggling with this weight! I've added a new prop to help with the additional weight but the RPM's are running really high...all the time. I'm going to try a new prop next summer to try alleviate this but....
                  Won't know till next year.
                  Wish I had a 440 but.....

Comment

It has 500 pnp in each locker with an additional 700 lbs of lead wake bags that I have just added.

I think the 400 is really struggling with this weight! I've added a new prop to help with the additional weight but the RPM's are running really high...all the time. I'm going to try a new prop next summer to try alleviate this but....
                    Won't know till next year.
                    Wish I had a 440 but.....

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                      Would hate for you to spend the cheddar and then regret it...

Understood. Thanks for the info and your enthusiasm it is a whack of cash to upgrade.

This tranny really seems to have you wound up so it must be good.

Comment

It is. It's amazing that this 400 can push this big rzx the same
                        It did the z3. If it weren't for the 2-1 I think it' would be a hog

Germaine Marine

Comment

Can you regear these transmissions? Can you put in a new tranny? What is the cost on a 2:1 transmission?

Comment

Working...
                          X