2018 R21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 R21

Our second Tige will soon be on the way! We have decided to order a 2018. We placed the order on July 21st, and received the design photos from Tige last Wednesday. Signed off on the design and submitted back to Tige on Thursday. We have a production start date of August 3rd!! Can not wait to see it going down the assembly line!

Here is the design photos from Tige:
    image1.jpg
    image2.PNG
    The interior color scheme will be slightly different. In the picture above everywhere it is white will be gray and everywhere it is gray will be white.

Man I love that color!

Comment

Awesome man congrats! I can't tell but that looks like a slightly new tower from the 2017's...it isn't the e tower is it?

Other than the tower did they make any changes to the 18's vs the 17's do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
        Awesome man congrats! I can't tell but that looks like a slightly new tower from the 2017's...it isn't the e tower is it?

Other than the tower did they make any changes to the 18's vs the 17's do you know?
        It is a new tower from the 2017s, don't quote me on this but understanding is it is the exact same tower as the Z & RZX series boats without the mechanical lift system, and the metal plating between the uprights on the left and right sides of the tower.

The changes I am aware of is that the 2018s will have a 7" screen, re-designed dash, and radio controls in the touch screen. I believe you now have more options on the interior colors and the way they can be laid out.

I also don't know if this was possible before or not, but we are having 4 Icon 10s put on the tower instead of the Rev 8s.

Comment

Alpha M2 Tower, Billet Dash phone holder, New touch screen/dash (Tige Touch2), new graphics, new color options/paint lines, and new interior designs and color options.

I pulled that all from the following link: http://tige.com/2018-new-product

Comment

Awesome...yeah dude that new touch screen size will be nice...I do fat finger the wrong button every once in a while on the smaller screen lol

Comment

The r series gets the TT2 now.. in Essence.
              Germaine Marine
              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Looks like the R21 is basically the same as the older Z1 now.... apart from the Alpha Z. You get all the bells and whistles, plus the upgraded paint options.

To be honest I prefer the simpler vinyl too. Less places for it to rip.

Nice Boat!! (not sure about the neon dash though )

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                  Looks like the R21 is basically the same as the older Z1 now.... apart from the Alpha Z. You get all the bells and whistles, plus the upgraded paint options.

To be honest I prefer the simpler vinyl too. Less places for it to rip.

Nice Boat!!
                  That is exactly what the dealer said in comparison to the Z1. He also said between the R21/23 and the RZX2/RZX3 he didn't see selling to many of the in between boats, like the Z1/Z3.

Comment

If I was choosing a new boat, I would do as you did and select the R21 over the Z1. I'm not a fan of the giant screen personally. I like the old school dash layout. Call me old fashioned.

Comment

^^^This. I like gauges that I can swap out when one stops working. The screen is neat and all but glitchy. I've had my TT2 do the freeze thing on me 2 times now. Resets itself to normal after the battery switch off trick. I'm hoping it dies in the next 3 yrs so it's under warrantee instead of in 5 years. I think the biggest future issue for me when the screen is finally dead and there are no replacements is how I am going to integrate a new speed control. Ballast control is easily retrofitted. Stereo already has a separate head unit. Anywho...nothing to worry about for 10 yrs.

Out of curiosity, is the new screen TT2 or some other variant?

Anyone have any experience with that tower yet? I saw an older R at the ramp the other day and it's tower was pretty jiggly with 4 speakers on it.

I can see how Z3 and Z1 orders might take a hit with these improve R series boats.

Also, love that color scheme. TheGerman is a trend setter.

Comment

Little update for those that are following or want to know. The boat got sprayed last Thursday. I received word yesterday that the hull and deck were still in the mold. Hopefully it will come out of the mold in the next day or so and be in the assembly shop. I am ready to see pictures of it being assembled. Unfortunately I will not be able to make a trip out to Abilene to see it on the assembly line.

Does anyone know how long they sit in the mold for curing the process? This is our first build from computer design, to factory, to delivery. So I have no idea.

Comment

Not long, my Z1 was 9 days total from start to finish.

Comment

I just received pictures of the new boat in the assembly building! It's getting closer and closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Colors. Looks similar to my 16 Z1.

image1.jpg
                              image2 (2).jpg
                              image3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X