More carnage and bad boating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More carnage and bad boating

I'm sure some of y'all have seen this already, but thought I'd post it anyways.
    https://youtu.be/5UWofwp0FV8

Pretty unfortunate stuff. News is reporting an amputation and some serious injuries. Of course 20 y/o drunk captain led to the situation, so somewhat irrelevant to this group, but it's always good food for thought (deadman that most of us never use)
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 07-18-2017, 01:32 AM.

You can skip to about the 5 min mark.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I really hope the people cheering in the background are doing so because he's stopping. What a dipshit.

While I was launching at the 360 ramp here in Austin (probably the busiest ramp in town) on Saturday, some dipshit started doing donuts in an f150. He was 10ft from a packed 3 lane ramp. For a few seconds I thought his gas peddle was stuck. My mouth was literally on the floor. I just couldn't believe what was happening. The cops showed up within minutes. But he was gone.
      BABz - babzusa.com
      Austin, TX

Comment

This video shows after the worst happens (based on the story I read). At this point everyone was already thrown from the boat. After the boat hits the lift is slows and a conservation offer gets o to the boat for, the jet ski to slow and stop the boat. The boat that was hit was a CO boat with officers aboard. Sad sad sad. This is why we have strict consumption rules on our boat for the captain(s) and anyone that wants to take a pull.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Blackout-
          There's no-one in that boat. There are some other vids out there if you Google "out of control boat Indiana" with closer angle. Appears drunk 20y/o girl made a hard turn while at speed and pitched everyone from the boat. Then correction officers threw a rope to entangle prop to try and stop boat and it struck their vessel. Finally boat slowed and were able to board via jet ski and shut it down. At least that's what I've been able to piece together.
          On a lighter note I believe this is the only time I've seen a jet ski save the day.

Comment

Oh wow. Was watching on my phone. That makes a bit more sense for this video.
            BABz - babzusa.com
            Austin, TX

Comment

Throwing a rope... brilliant idea!!

Comment

Working...
              X