RZR towing weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZR towing weight

I'm looking at an upgrade next year. I'm concerned about towing the RZR. I currently have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee with V6 and towing package (6200lb capacity).

What is the tow weight of the RZR? I see the dry weight listed, but no explanation of what this includes.
    Native TEXAN transplanted to Huntsville, Alabama.
    How bout them Cowboys!

With the rzr you want minimum 6k towing. You'll probably be fine with the jeep but you will definitely know it's back there.

I used my 4Runner 5k rating to pull my r20 out the other day just to change the prop and it did fine getting it out(only moved 20ft.) Not sure I would want to drive down the highway or anywhere.
    Last edited by bsreid; 07-17-2017, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Prob ~3100 boat +1100 trailer + 1000 lbs fuel and junk = ~5000-5500 lbs

Comment

approx 5 000pounds. My cousin have exactly the same set as you want. A 2016 rzr with a 2015 grand Cherokee V6. Never had any problem or hear him complain. He just make sure to fully empty the blidge and keep his fuel tank halfway or less but I don't think it's necessary it's just to prevent.
        Like bsreid said I've seen few r20 on trucks with 5500lbs capacity. Maybe it's not the perfect match but it works and are capable to drop and lift it thru and out the lake.
        You'll be fine with your cherokee
        Don't forget that the manufacturers always drop the real towing capacity of 500 even 1000 on the papers just for security.
        Last edited by Mike88; 07-17-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I did long tows with my jeep. Fine for this set up. You will feel it more than if you had a full size truck.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all. I don't think I'd have any problems. The v6 is pretty stout and the new 8 speed seems to have really good gearing. My current prostar has a tower and full tank of gas, all my junk... no problems at all pulling it. It says dry weight of 3000, plus trailer, etc... I suspect its in the 4500 lb neighborhood and the GC pulls it with ease.. still get around 15-16 mpg running 60 mph.

We went from having no Tige dealers in my area to now having 2. I love it! I will definitely being looking at them come boat show season next year...
            How bout them Cowboys!

Comment

I weighed both of mine. 2013 on a single axle was just under 5000. 2014 on a tandem was just over 5200. That was empty, single battery, stock stereo, not even a PFD on board. I'd imagine with the bigger raptor engine now and gear your looking at close to 5500 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bamabonners View Post
                I'm looking at an upgrade next year. I'm concerned about towing the RZR. I currently have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee with V6 and towing package (6200lb capacity).

What is the tow weight of the RZR? I see the dry weight listed, but no explanation of what this includes.
                I want to see pics when you get it

You will definitely feel a difference compared to the 197.
                Last edited by RZRindy; 07-19-2017, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RZRindy View Post
                  I want to see pics when you get it

You will definitely feel a difference compared to the 197.
                  we'll see how it goes. Going to have to sell my 197 first. Right now, we are staying in a lake house about 5 miles from the Tige dealer..... might have to make a visit this week
                  How bout them Cowboys!

Comment

Originally posted by bamabonners View Post
                    we'll see how it goes. Going to have to sell my 197 first. Right now, we are staying in a lake house about 5 miles from the Tige dealer..... might have to make a visit this week
                    197 will sell quick,....................get that RZR!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X