Taps 2 adjusting while boat rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps 2 adjusting while boat rolls

We were setting up to surf this am, filling ballast and I set the speed set and taps as I was surfing the first run. As the boat rocked from some of the passing traffic, I realized I was hearing a noise in sync with the roll. We figured it was coming from where the Tap's 2 reservoir is. It sounded like it was trying to adjust the taps plate each time the boat rolled. I tried messing with the handle switch. I ended up re calibrating, but it did the same thing a few more time. Once we started surfing the issue went away and didn't return.

Any ideas? We are taking a big trip in a week.

Was auto taps on?
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
      Was auto taps on?
      No

Comment

I had that problem with my 15z3 when it was new. The auto taps was off but it would turn itself on and auto adjust when we found chop when we were cruising up the lake. My dealer did an update to the software and it hasn't done it since.

Comment

Are you sure you aren't just experiencing cavitation from the prop? When I first got my RZ2 it would do something similar when I had it listed and hit someones rollers. As soon as I increased my prop size and stopped listing my boat it disappeared.
          If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Working...
          X