Engine noise (hum, hiss, crack) from speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine noise (hum, hiss, crack) from speakers

After my recent install, I am getting a cracking..hum kind of sound when the engine is on. It sounds somewhat in sync with the engine. It kind of has a different tone when bilge or blower kicks on. Can it be ground? I have 0 gauge to splitter. Any ideas?

A lot of the time engine noise is from a bad ground so definitely check those. Main ground to battery - and your amp grounds at blocks. Also the ground for your head unit. I'd also check your RCAs, unplug one at a time and see if it eliminates your noise.

Comment

The grounds all look good....do I need to remove them and strip them again? Or move onto rca's? Also it seems to be more from the tower speakers. Should I check those 2 amps grounds first and rca's? As far as the head unit goes..i don't use it since I have the 420sq. Plus it's not working anyways. Something happened to it and it's toast.

Comment

Your equipment retailer should always be your first line of defense. in most cases, they can give you wiring, setup and tuning tips that can prevent these unwanted noises in the first place. Then when they do pop up, they can help you eliminate them. How and where each audio component is wired, how the amp and EQ is tuned and the integrity of the RCA play major roles in noise.

Step one, address any known faulty equipment. Issue with the EQ has to be resolved before you can begin to trace down noises.

Step two, how and where everything is wired. Dont put all your focus on grounds, as its only one half of the 12DC circuit.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I installed everything myself. All wet sounds. I can message them and see what they say as well. When you mean issues with eq, do you mean head unit? My eq is all good and I know how to tune it. I did we the gains and followed instructions on tuning the amps.

Comment

i don't use it since I have the 420sq. Plus it's not working anyways. Something happened to it and it's toast.
            Maybe I misunderstood what is toasted? Thought the EQ was bad.

Doesnt matter what the brand is, but dont hesitate to get your retailer involved, whom ever it is. Excessive gain and a roller coaster gain stage, as well as audio ground loop, can easily create your symptoms. Not to mention the ground reference jumper.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My bad. Head unit isn't working but don't use that anyways**

Sounds good. I wouldn't think the eq or amps would have anything to do with it......since they are all new. It has to be the wiring I would think...whether it's the rca's or power/grounds...

Comment

Working...
              X