tsunami 1200 pumps power supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tsunami 1200 pumps power supply?

I installed my own ballast in my RZ4. I have a tsunami 1200 filling each side and draining each side 4 pumps total. When i wired it the power supply to my 3 factory cigarette adapters was right there so i unhooked the power and put it on and the ballast. It takes awhile to fill the bags and I am wondering if the power supply to my cigarette lighter on the dash i used sends enough juice to the pumps or is it slowing my fill times? I put the custom bags that fill the back compartments and go up under the seats so they are large. I'm trying to figure out how to decrease my fill times as they are in excess of 15 minutes. Thanks for the help.

Any power outlet, your cigarette lighter for example, will supply all the power your item(s) call for no matter what. Does not matter if it's a 2-3 amp pump or a direct short to ground which would take full battery amperage. This is why fuses are set in place. To protect the outlet and the wiring that goes to it. Not to mention the entire system. So most cigarette lighters are rated for 20 amps, or should be built to withstand 20 amps. They should use a 20 amp fuse. I'm pretty sure your pumps are 2-3 amps apiece. So you should be fine to run them on the circuit. If you are not burning up wiring or blowing fuses I would say your circuit is just fine. You have big bags and smallish pumps. If you want to increase your fill time, get bigger pumps or add a second fill pump to each bag. At that point you would want to do them on a separate circuit so you don't over amp it.

Comment

That pump draws about 4A and that socket is likely rated for 15-12, so dont see an issue with running 2 pumps. A realistic at the sac flow rate of a T1200 can be 800-900 GPH. With this and the sac capacity, you can estimate the fill/drain time.

The most efficient way to reduce fill/drain time is to use dual full/drain pumps p/sac or a single larger 1600-2000 GPH pump.

With that said, I would consider relocating your ballast switch power supply to main breaker/fuse box supply under the helm. And fuse it as it comes off the main B+ cable stud.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Do your custom bags have any extra ports? You can do a reversible pump to do a crossover from bag to bag.

We added one help speed up switching from regular to goofy and back. We switch side in 7 minutes.

If I'm in a big hurry, I will start filling both sacs and at about half, I will kill the opposite side and pump it into the side we are surfing. That cuts time down some.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          That pump draws about 4A and that socket is likely rated for 15-12, so dont see an issue with running 2 pumps. A realistic at the sac flow rate of a T1200 can be 800-900 GPH. With this and the sac capacity, you can estimate the fill/drain time.

The most efficient way to reduce fill/drain time is to use dual full/drain pumps p/sac or a single larger 1600-2000 GPH pump.

With that said, I would consider relocating your ballast switch power supply to main breaker/fuse box supply under the helm. And fuse it as it comes off the main B+ cable stud.
          Just as he says above. It probably takes 15 to 20 minutes to fill your bag? Add a better pump or add two and cut fill time in half. Please wire it to the fuse box and put the lighter port wires back on. They are there for all the electronic gizmos we bring with us.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I purchased the bags second hand from a member on here so they didnt have any extra ports (just fill drain and vent), thats what has prevented me from adding another fill pump so far. Whats the fastest pump i could put on them to fill? The drain times are not really a concern its just the fill times that bug me. I use a suck gate and fill both bags so the crossover wouldn't really apply either.

Comment

A port fitting can be added to a sac, thats not an issue.

Surflow makes a 2000 gph pump.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X