Dealership loaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealership loaners

I think boat dealerships should have loaners for when your boat is getting worked on. Not very often do we get a stretch of 80 degree days and I would be out almost everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its very hard for dealers...... plus its not like driving a car. SOOOOO much liability and user error resulting in thousands of dollars of damage...
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Feel your pain brother. I see you are on Lake Tapps. If I ever move back to Seattle area Lake Tapps is on my list. Kept my boat on American Lake for a couple of summers.

The solution is 2 boats. A $10k closed bow ski boat and the expensive wake boat.

Comment

Tapps is good if you get out early and done by 10am and then after 6pm on most nights. Nautiques seem to own the lake. Since the dealership is just down the hill.

Comment

^^^ I think that describes any lake. In Louisiana we could show up any time we wanted on the Red river and get endless butter. Morning and evening is alligator feeding time so we avoided that.

Anywho...2 boats is the key. That way you have a backup.

Comment

Dealership loaners

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
            Its very hard for dealers...... plus its not like driving a car. SOOOOO much liability and user error resulting in thousands of dollars of damage...
            I understand why they don't. Just sounds nice [emoji41] and they would need multiple loaners

Comment

Its cheap to do loaner cars they are typically done under the rental car business model. It would not be cost effective for a boat dealer to have one or two "rental" boats on hand just for service customers. Totally agree with your thoughts, just dont see it happening in the boat biz as a standard.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

my old dealer where I bought my tige had a "loaner" of sorts...

long story but the crane was unloading a new z3 in '12 onto a trailer and dropped it. split the hull and made a mess of it. he bought the boat from the insurance company that carried the crane's insurance and fixed it. he said it could not ever be sold again as the title was branded somehow and was adamant it was something he could not ethically do but it turned into the "shop" boat based on the price he was into it and knowing it was structurally sound after the repairs. I know a few took it out while theirs was in the shop.
                saw it prior to the repairs and it's amazing how strong the hulls are considering an 8ft fall to asphalt.
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

That is wild that he would send people out in that boat, awesome for the customers. I just dont know how comfortable i would feel sending people out in a boat with their families in something that was split and put back together..... God forbid that thing ever came apart at 35-40mph..... prob would never happen but the mere chance would have me frightened...
                  Germaine Marine
                  "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Lol i feel your pain. Mine it's not a factory issue but I'm waiting for my boat too. Need to replace prop and rudder after hitting a rock. Hard pill to swallow 2weeks without our brand new boat when you use it every 2days. Obviously I wanted a loaner too but We ain't living in a fairie world haha.. too much things involved that can cause accident when the boat is towed, drop and lifted on the water, or even driving and we're not talking about insurance!
                    Not everybody is same but dealers can't really make separate case for everybody. Personally if I were a dealer I would not pass a 90k boat to a man who just hit a rock with his one haha.

But what my dealer offer is a good idea! Every dealer have demos.. so mine is glad to offer rides whenever we wanted. It's not like our own boat but it's a great way to make surf when we're waiting.

That's why we always say that dealer proximity is important. I'm not a fan of "big deals 5hours away" cause you surely gonna return at your dealer. For tones of reason. A boat is a boat and EVERY brand had issues. Tige had some. Like all other brand !
                    Yeah you've got badlucked but centurion have their own issues too. Even seen more than tige if that can help you out haha. Lots of sound and electronics, that can be less important than actuators I guess but they are issues too!
                    Last edited by Mike88; 07-10-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

For me this is a place to vent a little I know all boats have problems. In 5 years I will be going to a larger boat and how many problems and how it is dealt with will definitely be part of my decision on boat choice. The nautique dealer is the closest being 10 min away and tige is about 20-30 pending traffic. I have always liked the tige look and the price was definitely a big help and the dealership was way more helpful when I was looking then the Nautique dealership. I definitely like my boat for price and size just hope that the system is up and running like it's suppose to be.

Comment

In my case I have a pontoon or Sailboat to use when mine is down. And it does happen. I can still be out on the lake fishing, cruising or just having some type of fun on the water. Of course there is always the Jetski that has not been used for years. Lol. And it's the stand up challenging style. No sit down so it can always be fun.

I like the demo idea. It may help to generate that next sale as well as keeping the valued customer. Good PR. Of course what makes a great dealer and support is getting your boat in and back out in the minimum of time. Especially during the "season".
                        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I think dealers should be able to give loaners to specific owners. Say if someone just getting some quick things done, than no. But let's say if he has a long time customer that the owner trusts and he's having serious problems with his BRAND NEW boat then he should be giving out one of his used or demo boats. Regarding damage and stuff, have the insurance transferred over and added on to the loaner for extra protection. Doing this would definitely keep some of the long time customers, long time customers. Although then you would get problems with people questioning why they don't get one too and what not. I guess sometimes stuff happens and we just have to live with it, first world problems...

Comment

Friends. Help build a good surf community on your lake. When they are down, we all take turns taking them out and vice versa. When everyone is out everyone swaps and surfs on everyone else's for fun. People share boards and tricks and all kinds of stuff. Its takes some time, but when we started in 2007 no one was surfing here, now their many and we helped most of them along the way.
                            http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                              Friends. Help build a good surf community on your lake. When they are down, we all take turns taking them out and vice versa. When everyone is out everyone swaps and surfs on everyone else's for fun. People share boards and tricks and all kinds of stuff. Its takes some time, but when we started in 2007 no one was surfing here, now their many and we helped most of them along the way.
                              Sounds like a great community!

Comment

Working...
                              X