Factory ballast z3 set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory ballast z3 set up

I have searched ballast discussion and wake surfing for ballast set up and taps settings. Just need a quick run down. Currently at 45 in fronts 100 in both rears . Idk what taps are what but we have the top (big number on screen ) at 5 , the bottom ( little number ) at 3. All of us are goofy. Any suggestions as well as explanation of what is taps 2 , taps 3.
    If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Taps 2 is tiges center trim plate
    Taps 3 is Tiges surf plates (Outer corners)

With both systems, the lower the number the more plate is deployed in the water. The high the number the more the plate is stowed.

If you are running stock weight I might drop a smidge more out of the bow, every boat is a little different. Usually 10-30% is good with stock ballast.

Ive had great success filling everything to 100% as well at times. Different ways to get to the same end result in a nutshell.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

So when looking at the z3 screen , the big number is taps 3? The smaller number is taps 2? Also ill try dropping weight in front . Any starting point for the taps?

Comment

Speed at 11.2

Comment

I'm a total newb, will follow this thread to learn. I also have the big plate labeled "AVX" on the side, is that part of Taps. I have gotten some pretty sweet wakes playing around with all the settings. About 11-12 mph and that big avx plate down it makes a big wake that doesn't crest for a good 20 feet behind boat. As I raise that plate the crest of wave moves forward. Pretty sweet but don't know the terms - Taps 2,3

Comment

Top number is taps3 with adjustments buttons below that, taps 2 plate is on the bottom, adjusted with the rocker switch on throttle. If you're running factory ballast without lead you may need to speed down to 10.8-11.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock15 View Post
              I'm a total newb, will follow this thread to learn. I also have the big plate labeled "AVX" on the side, is that part of Taps. I have gotten some pretty sweet wakes playing around with all the settings. About 11-12 mph and that big avx plate down it makes a big wake that doesn't crest for a good 20 feet behind boat. As I raise that plate the crest of wave moves forward. Pretty sweet but don't know the terms - Taps 2,3
              You're boat is equipped with Avx, not taps 3 surf system. You're set up is going to be different than the OP's... someone with an AVX I'm sure will chime in with some advice!

Comment

Jetjock15, the Taps3 discussion in this thread is not applicable to you. You have AVX + Taps 2, the previous surf system. Super consistent and super fuel efficient, but a listed boat system. I don't want to totally hijack the OP's thread, there are others for AVX, but a few things: taps 2-3 is a good place to start. I prefer AVX higher, like 7-10 because Im a, a bigger guy and with the AVX all the way down it creates a super clean looking wave...that is flat without enough push. Now, you Add more taps and my experience is you can drop the AVX plate lower without loss of push. I'd start by looking at your inclinometer if you have a Z3. We run 10 degrees list and 10 degrees bow rise at 11-11.7 on goofy with very little offside weight for a super clean tall wave. We can't get as much list easiily on standard side due to prop rotation (easier to make a great standard wave with less than half tank of gas) so I run more Taps on that side. PM me if you want to chat more about AVX setup.
                Originally posted by cbath View Post
                You're boat is equipped with Avx, not taps 3 surf system. You're set up is going to be different than the OP's... someone with an AVX I'm sure will chime in with some advice!

Comment

Thank you 007, yes 15 Z3! Sorry OP for hijack

Comment

Originally posted by cbath View Post
                    Top number is taps3 with adjustments buttons below that, taps 2 plate is on the bottom, adjusted with the rocker switch on throttle. If you're running factory ballast without lead you may need to speed down to 10.8-11.0

No need to slow down, just need to dump the bow weight to get to 8-9 degrees. With stock weight, I wouldnt run anymore then 30% with some having a ton of success with 0 bow weight.

Speed 11.2 plus..
                    Germaine Marine

Comment

These are examples of what wave im coming up with. They are pushing my kids like crazy but it wont push me on skim , gotta use surf, then still not solid. Super frustrated. Gonna try 0 to 10 in fronts , rear full taps 3 at 5/6 taps 2 at 2/4
                      Attached Files

Comment

What is considered an aggressive set up / conservative set up with taps? 1 example please of a tall steep wave / mellow long wave

Comment

Tall wave...

Run 11.0Mph, no bow weight. Taps 3 at 4 taps 2 at 4-5.
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                          X