2017 RZX2 Taps3 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 RZX2 Taps3 Issue

Thank you in advance to anyone to takes the time to respond.

I am having an issue with my 2017 RZX2 and what I assume is a taps3 issue. When we were out surfing over the last weekend, the starboard (goofy) wave completely changed in between riders, from perfection to completely washed out - same settings, depth, etc (Taps3 @ 4, tap2 @ 4, speed at 10.9). When we switched back over to the port side the wave was perfectly fine. My initial thought is that the starboard side taps3 plate isn't working or not functioning correctly. We have a mechanic from the dealership coming out today to look into the issue, but wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Thanks,

Steve M

STBD side wave issue would be the port plate. While surfing, did it look deployed? Did you command a side switch to see if the boat responded? Im assuming this was in a matter of a few minutes between one goofy rider and the next, and not gradual over time as a result of passive draining. Or did you go from a regular to a goofy and back to a regular? Each side could have a slightly different setup for the most optimal wave.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Interested in what ur tech finds because I think my boat is doing the same thing and I ride on the goofy side so it's really frustrating
      surf till u die.

Comment

Chpthril - I didn't get an opportunity to see if the tap plate was deployed, but it was definitely not a result of passive draining. It went from producing a very clean, great wave to completely washed out. The change happened between riders, and not during a transfer. I have over 50 hours already on my RZX2 and have our surf settings dialed in on both sides, so it is definitely not a setup issue either.

The boat does have the plug and play ballast installed, and I have read that actuators have trouble moving under weight and moving when weighted that heavily, but up until this point the boat had no problem doing transfers via the surf link remote. I'm hoping the tech can put it into surf demo mode to confirm that the actuators are functioning properly.

Comment

whoa whoa whoa.... the actuators cant work properly when weighted???? thats a huge issue if true!

Comment

CarFanatic -

This was a comment from the user ElevatedConcepts in another forum

"Sometimes if adjusting up and down countless times while in motion the plates just cant get to the correct movement. I rarely adjust on the fly especially with big weight. Have you got under the boat and flexed the plates and or noticed that aside from the Rzx series the actuators are mounted to the swim step? Couple all those things and the fact that those lencos regardless of system tend to get hung on movement from time to time and you have all the makings of inconsistency.

Intermittent actuator problems are usually just from countless adjustments under way, they have a hard time with that at times... not always... just sometimes"

Comment

you should be able to adjust on the fly, that's kind of the point of a surf system.... sounds like tige, needs beefier actuators.

Comment

While what I said above was quoted verbatim .... the quote used here is a smidge out of context.

I was referring to the boats outside of the Rzx line where the actuators are mounted to a swimstep that moves and floats

As my quote said, its not across the board boat to boat, but it has happened. My own boat at the time had roughly 1200 extra in steel in the rear before crew weight. Every now and again... Every other trip... it would have a minute or two where it got funky when I was going haywire with adjustments. I started making my changes at rest and then only moving them when doing transfers and no issues.

Less to do with actuators and more to do with the sensors the track heat and load in the system.
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Again....

Even going nuts with adjustments while underway only had an issue every other trip..... and thats surfing 6 hours a day 3-4 days hard.

At the reunion the boat ran heavy for 5 full days and countless adjustments while moving without an issue. Its a myriad of things built in to keep the system functioning. Lots there.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

Didn't mean to quote that out of context, my apologies. Was just trying to read through the forums thoroughly to help get me back surfing as soon as possible. Technician is here now, and taps3 plates are working in demo mode. I'll let you know what we find out.

Comment

Originally posted by SRMyshaq View Post
                      Didn't mean to quote that out of context, my apologies. Was just trying to read through the forums thoroughly to help get me back surfing as soon as possible. Technician is here now, and taps3 plates are working in demo mode. I'll let you know what we find out.
                      No need to apologize its a confusing subject.
                      Last edited by Germaine Marine; 07-07-2017, 09:50 PM.
                      Germaine Marine

Comment

I have a 2017 RZ2 and am having similar issues. Fantastic wave on both sides to start the year but now not working well on either side.....hardly at all on surf right. I can still make a decent wave by filling ballasts unevenly but not nearly the same. Going back to dealer next week to replace the hydraulics on the tabs as they seem to be not deploying fully....as checked in demo mode.

Comment

It turns out I had a malfunctioning actuator - see the video https://youtu.be/u1M5gDtRTAg

Comment

Water in it...
                            Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                              Water in it...
                              Out of curiosity are you implying this is a common problem with these lenco actuators?

Comment

Working...
                              X