Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changed batteries now I have some electrical issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed batteries now I have some electrical issues.

2014 z1, I changed both batteries this weekend at the lake. After changing batteries, my engine alarm would sound, my lights on tower would turn on, and no control of stereo with Tige touch. I figured I got a connection wrong or one left off. Re connected everything and that fixed engine alarm and tower lights, but the stereo I still have issues. The head unit works fine, I can connect to blue tooth from tige touch, but to change source or volume its blank. The transom control same issue. Could this be something non related to changing batteries or a fuse that I am missing somewhere?

Re connected everything and that fixed engine alarm and tower lights, but the stereo I still have issues
    Start here by elaborating on what was corrected. Connecting a battery cable to the wrong spot, can lead to blown fuses and tripped breakers.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Similar issues as I had. Dealer told me they replaced the interface module from head unit to TT. It looked like a 3 way plastic black plug. Now everything works as it should.

See this thread, post #15 and on.
      http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...mittent-issues

Comment

I connected everything same way, now that I am thinking about it I am hoping I connected all the wires back to the correct battery. Would it make a difference if connection went to starting battery instead of house battery? Thanks for replies, and prior thread info.

Comment

As long as the battery had proper voltage, it would not matter whether a cable was connected to the wrong battery. Anything drawing off that cable will still work. What is imperative, is that a cable did not get reconnected to the incorrect polarity post or left off all together.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I checked around batteries the second time to see if I left off a cable and everything was connected. It was getting dark but tried to make sure I put cables in the area where they should be connected. Majority of cables were either red or black. Red went to positive black to negative. Only two wires that were different and they look like speaker wires. those two are the ones that had me second guessing myself to what battery they went to, but I'm sure they came off positive side.

Comment

Dont assume that because you dont see a cable or its end as being red, that its a ground cable.

Comment

Okay, that's good to know. More than likely I did not reconnect something correct, well back to dealer. Thanks for info.

Comment

Working...
                X