sound system trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound system trouble

Finally got out and had a blast boating this weekend. We were enjoying great music for 60 to 90 minutes playing around, then cruised for a while. As we did, the tower speakers, rev 10s, crackled a few times (3-4) then quit. No loud pop or smoke that I heard/saw, and we were not loud enough to blow anything. The floor speakers all work fine, but the tower is dead. My son later checked things out and reported that there was no flex in the rev 10 speakers any longer. (I am not sure if there is supposed to be flex like others speakers or not.) He then switched the speaker leads to the amps and one of the floor speakers is now out of commission-no flex now either. Any idea what is happening? 2013 system, so by no means old enough to die. The amps are Wet Sounds, but I do not know any other details about the equipment other than that.

So flex, you mean you can push the cone in and let it back out, its frozen? Son wired an in-boat speaker lead to the smaller amp powering the tower speakers an now its frozen? Sounds the amp is putting out DC voltage on the speaker outputs. This is not good. Does the suspect amp have a blue or green solid light or solid or flashing red?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

as far as flex, yes, the cone feels frozen. Son put a floor speaker to the tower amp and that didn't work well. He also put the tower speakers to the smaller amp and some faint sound-I wasn't there to hear. I can not remember the lights on the amp. I will have him check and chime in later...

Comment

the larger amp has a solid blue light on. the smaller amp has a solid amber light.

Comment

Sounds like the mid-bass coils are for sure burned. Hard to say about the cross-overs and tweeters without breaking it all down and getting out the ohm meter Good news is, all the components needed to rebuild them are available. Bad news, the in-boat will likely just need to be replaced as a whole, and they are sold in pairs. But check with Wet Sounds as they may have some B stock speakers and maybe a single.

Any other color than a solid blue or green (cant remember which the Syn-2 has) is not the normal mode light pattern and color. Indicates theres an issue.

For a single pair of Rev-10, id replace the Syn-2 with a Syn-DX4 (or retired model Syn4). Better bang of the buck.

Let me know if you need any further help testing/rebuilding
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will try a bud to see if he can diagnose the amp. Will try wet sounds to see what they have as well.

Comment

Working...
            X