Advice on Ideal Ski Set up RZX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Ideal Ski Set up RZX2

After a few days out with our new RZX2, the Boss (AKA my wife) is getting comfortable piloting the boat for Wake Surfing. Now I'ld like to bust out the slalom ski and make a few turns.

Any advice on boat set up and rope length? I typically ski 30-32 MPH. Was thinking zero ballast, taps at 2.

Taps 1

0 ballast
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^
      surf till u die.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. As for rope: full 75' or 15 off to 60'. Not skiing buoys, just curious if there's a sweet spot in the wake.

Comment

Make sure you take some pictures of the wake.

Comment

Just slalom skied behind one last week and with a driver only in boat we did zero ballast and taps 2 with speed at 34 with a 15 off rope. Taps 1 washed the wake out on this particular day, water, etc. So try taps 1 and then 2 see what you like. Have to say it has a good wake for a heavy azzz boat. It does tend to spray when crossing when 15 off just as my Z3 does.

Skied a 17 G23 also a couple times last week and at same speed the G had a better slalom wake with less middle wave spray at 15 off. Yes I said a G23 had a better wave then the RZX2 for slalom IMO!

Comment

If you are getting a little spray add a little front ballast, and that should settle the boat down with taps at 1
              Germaine Marine
              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Thanks for the advice all. I'm sure you all were out playing on your boats for the 4th as we were.

I played with the ski wake a bit and here's a pic of the best wake. At the time of the pic we had 4 adults and a 10 year old in the boat.

Set up:
                Ballast: 0
                Taps: 1
                Speed: 31 MPH
                Rope: 15 off
                Adult and child in bow (approx 190 lbs)

As @elevatedconcepts states, having some weight up front helps keep boat on plane better. Tried Taps 2, but taps 1 is better. The day before we had everyone sitting aft and the wake was bigger.

Couple of notes on skiing this wake. Right side of wake is cleaner than the left. Traverse area (indicated by red line) is about 6" high and about 3-4' wide. Definitely pops the ski up, so need to keep the knees loose. Obviously not the best slalom wake, but it's very ski-able and certainly impressive given how big the RZX2 is. Both days were somewhat windy so could not find any glass conditions. Do look forward to trying again in better conditions.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have a z3 and I feel like the wake is better with the taps at 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shake-n-bake View Post
                    I have a z3 and I feel like the wake is better with the taps at 3.
                    I've only pulled a slalom once, but I seemed like at Taps 3 I got a lot of side spray on the boat.

Comment

Working...
                    X