Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inland Surfer...Sweet Spot Ultra. Is this good board, pros n cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inland Surfer...Sweet Spot Ultra. Is this good board, pros n cons?

Anyone have personal experience with this Inland Surfer...Sweet Spot Ultra board or the regular, Sweet Spot? The "ultra" just has different construction materials, otherwise I believe they are exactly the same.

I have been riding my Doomswell Neo 4' 8" and enjoy it a lot, but its almost a little too buoyant for me cause so thick. I had a friend bring a Byerly Hazard on boat that I have ridden twice now and really like it a lot, just seemed more agile to me and feels like its inbetween the Neo...and a skim style that I learned on. I know they do not make the Hazard anymore and I just found someone with this "Sweet Spot Ultra" selling for $500 (measurements are all the same as the Hazard in length, width and thickness...and I have heard good things about Inland Surfer but never ridden one). It looks new....is a 2016 and retail was over $900 (even tho I know you can buy them new now for like $575-$600 at some places online like, Evo.com.

Anyway, thinking about getting this board and just wanted to know if anyone has one and could comment on the pros/cons please? I plan to meet up with him soon if I am gonna get it, so be great if anyone is able to post back on what they think. I am asking him if he may let me demo since that of course is the best...but don't know if that will be possible yet.

Appreciate any comments!

We have a Sweet Spot Pro and it's a very good board. It's not as light or responsive as a custom board (like a Soulcraft), but better than a lot of mass production boards. At 225-230lbs I was prone to pearl it more, but my wife really enjoyed the Board. It's a great intermediate+ board.

Comment

I have a sweet spot and like it. It seems faster than most production boards which i liked the most. Moving the fins also makes the back end grip alot more or makes the board spin easier with a looser feel so play with that as well.

Comment

Thank you.....gonna demo it later this week

Comment

We have a Sweet Spot Pro and like it too. It was our go to board until I got my Ronix Powertail +. From everyone who's tried it and the feedback I've got, I think it's great for up to 230 lb riders.

Comment

Working...
          X