RZR feedback wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZR feedback wanted

Looking for a 20 foot boat that is garage friendly (has to fit under an 8 foot door), can be towed behind my grand cherokee (6200 lb capacity), and have all the cool modern features. We ski mostly (recreational), tube, kneeboard, wakeboard, surf, ride around, etc..., and NOT be insanely priced.

Seems like the 20 foot market is heating up a little with the GS20, X20, XT20, VTX. RZR has been around a while now and looking for feedback on it.

We currently have a prostar 197 with mini tower, but I've owned several other inboards through the years.
    Native TEXAN transplanted to Huntsville, Alabama.
    How bout them Cowboys!

I had a 2011 rzr for 5 years, just traded it in last fall. I had about 350 hours on it and I absolutely loved that boat. It had a few issues here and there but it never left me stranded and we had a pile of fun. I added some extra ballast to it and it surfed like a champ, I pulled wakeboarders steady and they loved it. I even had a skier behind it a time or two and they nothing but good to say. I traded up for a bigger boat or else I would still have it. So nice to load and unload off the trailer, they are quick and nimble boat that handle like a sports car. I loved mine, my only complaint was that it was a bit small when you had a few people that wanted to go. For the most part it was just my immediate family (my wife, 2 kids and me) so it was perfect.

Comment

My R20(same hull as rzr) has been an awesome boat, so many great memories have been made. For a 20ft boat it puts out a pretty mean surf wave and handles the weight very very well. For being the boat it is, the ski wake isn't bad, due to the versatility of the convex v hull. But it certainly isn't great, coming from a DD you won't be too impressed. For wakeboarding, the hull is very weight sensitive with weighting side to side, but once you figure it out, its not bad. If you're mainly looking for a surf boat, this boat with taps 3 will blow any other boat away. personally, if I were to do it again i would jump up to the z1 with the tige, or the VTX with the Malibu. the beam of the rzr is very narrow, making the interior feel quite small.
      Also with the VTX you will have a much better ski wake, and a center pylon. If you are really looking for something that skis i would say find a 2015 VTX with surf gate. In 2016 they changed the hull and made it more geared towards surfing.
      The new GS20 is pretty sweet too, but oh my is it ever expensive and quite a bit heaver for towing. You also really have to like seadeck.
      Mastercraft is Mastercraft, it just doesn't do it for me. It seems like it takes a certain buyer to want one.

You can't go wrong with any of these boats, it's all personal preference. Go stop by your tige and Malibu dealer and take them out for a demo. Bring the whole family, the surfboard and the ski.

Comment

RZR is a slick machine! It can produce big waves and is loaded with all the goodies. If I had requirements as yours, thats what I would be in, no doubt.
        -Brandon Lucas
        Houston, Tx

Comment

Rzr is probably the best 20ft. surf machine on the market.
          20ft boats aren't so many!
          All of these boats have pos and cons and all of these are very good too. It's really a matter of your preferences

My personnal opinion is
          Nautique makes really great boats (G23 Sure is one of the best) but you pay for the name too..they are really expensive
          The gs20 Is a new model completely. And I'm not a fan of trying something 100% new without letting a year or 2 to see how it's aging and fix few bugs.

Vtx from Malibu is a pretty descent boat. Malibus like nautique focused on big boats. But the vtx really does the job. Beautiful boat, feel a little bit more spacious than RZR cause of the hull design.
          More a wakeboard boat than a surf one.

For MC I'm not very familiar I used to ride pretty all model of boats but never had big experience with mastercraft.
          Personally prefer the X20 over the XT. Tried an nxt one time and really made me hate this thing haha. But X series is the high grade from MC. Pretty luxury they are very well built boat everything looks perfect on these boats instead of the surf technology. Personnal opinion X20 is a "watch me" boat. Not a "I want to have the best wave for the price"!

Finally RZR. I had a 2016 and switch to a z1. Not because I was not satisfied just because I had space restriction like you. Could not handle more then a 20ft. I moved and had bigger garage so switch for a 21footer.
          Real'y liked the boat! Rzr is the boat that make me fell in love with Tige.
          It's the boat with the higher potential of all 20footer. Correctly set and adding some weight really makes a monster wave.
          the quality for the price is pretty decent too. Expensive yes but you really have for your money.
          It's not for nothing that tige said the most versatile boat. You can easily ski, wake and surf with these boats.
          Ànother thing.. GAS. For many people it's not really a matter but cause of the hull design the rzr is really fuel frendly. And by far compare to the VTX.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X