2005 24V hull/water depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 24V hull/water depth

Can anyone tell me what a 2005 24V hull draws for water depth? just bought a camp on a lake and need to know how shallow I can go with it because I am putting in a dock and its pretty shallow

If it were me I would want at least 5 feet, but you could probably get away with 3ish.. You need to take in to consideration, waves coming by, filling ballast, water levels etc.

Comment

makes sense. the lake has a sandy bottom so should be ok with 3ish but I need to try it because kicking up silt can go into the intake.....may run more dock out

Comment

Three feet is good. However 5 feet and deeper is much better. If you can extend out the dock that would be best. Since you mentioned dock you also have to take into account the changing water levels of he lake. A sand bottom can and will such up silt when the bottom gets disturbed. With the props we have on these boats it takes very little to bend them. Personally I like to keep at least 5 feet under the boat. Be sure to take into the account that the transducer already sits below the waterline.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

good points. Guess i will go out as far as i can....money is the problem!....haha

Comment

You could anchor out further for longer term and then rig up a pullie system to bring it in to let people on. That would be my solution if money was a problem.

Comment

I like the way you think bsreid!

Comment

Working...
              X